An opportunity for a software engineer with experience in web applications to work onsite at ESAC for Telespazio VEGA UK supporting software development work, providing support in the Data and Engineering Division in ESAC, working across all phases of the software cycle.
Responsibilities / Duties
The successful applicant will be involved in:
• Developing new software to support space mission needs
• Maintaining existing project software
• Demonstrating scenarios to users within the scientific community
• Developing, maintaining and supporting different web applications of the communications web portal for space missions.
• All phases of the software cycle: specifications, preliminary designs, development, integration, testing and final release of production software.
Qualifications / Experience
• Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in Computer science, Space Systems Engineering, Physics or related specialisation.
• Java development and testing tools, including; OSGI frameworks, Vaadin,
• Software Project Management, and build automation, tools such as Maven, Gradle
• Web application frameworks, including Liferay DXP and Liferay 7.1
• Git and GitLab
• Relational Databases, such as MySQL
• HTML/XML/SVG and CSS development
• Software versioning and revision control – SVN
• Development practices; Continuous Integration and Microservices architecture
• Results orientation and relationship management
• Good English language skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to present and effectively communicate quality system processes.
• Good organisational and communication skills, with the ability to work in a diverse team environment.
• Able to travel regularly to other ESA sites
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 13th July 2019.
Location of the position is ESAC, Spain.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
By sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.