The Leidos Team is looking for a Systems Engineer with experience in Systems Architecture to work with our international team in The Hague, Netherlands, in support of the NATO Ballistic Missile Defence (BMD) Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) contract.
This effort supports the continued development of the BMD architecture, requirements and their implementation. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and/or maintaining architecture products, supporting implementation decisions for NATO software systems, developing and/or maintaining architecture governance processes, and reviewing system requirements and designs to ensure their compatibility with the overall enterprise architecture. Supporting efforts may include developing and maintaining project schedules, working with systems engineering tools, and interfacing with customers and stakeholders. The candidate may be expected to participate in systems engineering activities of increasing scope and complexity, as determined by the lead systems engineer.
The above activities involve generation of documentation in UK English, as well as being involved and communicating with programme office personnel, stakeholders, and National Representatives in conferences and meetings.
- Candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering/technical discipline from an accredited college, and at least 8 years’ experience in systems engineering and integration; or a Masters and at least 6 years’ experience;
- Must have a current NATO Secret level security clearance;
- High ability in speaking, writing, and understanding English is essential. All on-site work will be conducted in English. All personnel working on-site shall have a minimum required level of English language of SLP2222 as defined in NATO STANAG 6001;
- Demonstrates strong work ethic, works well within an engineering team, is mission oriented, and takes personal pride in work;
Required skills are as follows:
- Experience with at least one of the following Systems Engineering and Architecture Frameworks: TOGAF, DoDAF, NAF, ITIL v3;
- Experience in architecture development, requirements and specification development;
- Experience with C2 systems, military planning process and message standards.
Desired skills include:
- Experience in tactical data links and associated standards, such as Link 16, STANAG 5516, STANAG 5518
- Experience with the Prince 2 Programme Management Framework
- Ability to become proficient with Administrator responsibilities for Rational DOORS, Rational System Architect, and Atlassian JIRA