Position Reference: 556
You will have the opportunity to provide engineering support to the activities of the Ground Mission Segment Engineering and Elements Unit.
You are expected to interface closely with the Galileo Ground Segment Engineering Team, the Galileo System Engineering Team, the Galileo Security Office, the Operations Team, the related industrial teams and the Product Assurance Office. In addition, you may have to support the definition and execution of activities of the Software Systems Division in his domain of expertise.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
• Support the consolidation and maintenance of the G1G/G2G ground segment requirement in line with the system baseline.
• Provide support and act as interface for updates to G1G/G2G ground segment applicable ICDs in co-ordination with Interface co-ordinators.
• Interface with System team on technical issues arising from segment technical notes dealing with G1G/G2G ground segment technical aspects.
• Process G1G/G2G ground segment Non-compliance, RFD, and RFWs.
• Contribute to G1G/G2G IVQ activities in support of the G1G/G2G ground segment AIV Manager.
• Follow up G1G/G2G ground segment design and implementation both at element and segment level, including SW architecture, performance aspects and HW/SW COTS selection.
• Assess the operability aspects of the G1G/G2G ground segment functions.
• Assess the Data Analysis functions of the Ground Segment, i.e.:
• consistent management of data within the ground segment (reception, storage and controlled access to archived data, data security (confidentiality, integrity and availability));
• generation and presentation of associated result display and reporting;
• integration of mission and technical data;
• management of system configuration items;
• application of data analysis technologies;
• Provide technical support for the preparation, organization and management of all the G1G/G2G ground segment and system reviews.
• Participate, in Galileo-related reviews and technical evaluation boards, in particular contributing to G1G/G2G ground segment requirements consolidation and design reviews.
• Contribute to ESA procurement activities for G1G/G2G ground segment.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
• You have a Master's degree or equivalent qualification in physics, electrical or aerospace engineering or a related field, together with at least 5 years' experience in system-level engineering, design and implementation.
• You have knowledge and experience in the Big Data technologies, i.e. databases, machine learning, natural language processing, visualisation techniques.
• You have a proactive attitude to problem-solving, a good planning and organisational skills.
• You should demonstrate responsible decision-making.
• You are able to work and communicate effectively in a team setting.
• You must be eligible for security clearance by your national security administration.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
• You have a background and experience in navigation and security systems.
• You have knowledge of ground segment and satellite operations and infrastructure.
• You have knowledge of ECSS standards.
How to Apply
Looking to take your career to the next level? Interested applicants should submit their CV and Cover Letter to RHEA’s Recruitment team at email@example.com no later than 01/08/2019.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.
About RHEA Group
RHEA Group is a leading engineering consultancy firm with demonstrated expertise in space, system- and secure software solutions.
We attract skilled engineers, scientists and management professionals; and offer a range of exciting career paths working alongside clients such as the European Space Agency, the European GNSS Agency, EUMETSAT and NATO.