Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of ATP - Aerothermodynamics & Propulsion Engineering.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
The generic tasks to be performed are following reported:
Extra support shall be provided in the following activities:
- Providing expert technical support in Propulsion for Spacecraft (chemical propulsion) and for Launchers (liquid and solid propulsion) to the Agency’s project teams responsible for the development of spacecraft and launchers, throughout all the project phases.
- Supporting the activities for studies, experimental investigations and engineering developments in spacecraft and launcher propulsion (components, equipment, sub-systems, systems).
- Supporting the activities for studies, experimental investigations and engineering developments in advanced propulsion (components, equipment, sub-systems, systems), such as nuclear propulsion, solar/thermal upper stages, Airbreathing Propulsion, Advanced Chemical Systems, MEMS etc.
- provision of specialised support to Agency feasibility and project definition studies, preparatory programmes and approved projects in the field of chemical propulsion;
- participation in the definition and execution of the Agency's technology programmes;
- contribution to the overseeing activities of the Technical and Quality Management Directorate;
- harmonisation with other ESA and national developments and monitoring of applicable development trends;
- provision of specialised support to feasibility, preparatory programmes and approved projects in the field of chemical propulsion, including CDF participation;
- assessment and development of chemical propulsion novel propulsion concepts (e.g. Nuclear and Airbreathing technologies);
- assessment and development of relevant advanced propulsion methods, processes and concepts (MEMS propulsion, Green Propulsion, Advanced Manufacturing etc);
- the configuration/system design of chemical propulsion systems including the initiation of appropriate critical technology developments (coordinating support by other D/TEC sections);
- establishment and promotion of design and engineering standards in the area of chemical propulsion;
- the undertaking of programmes of basic experimental research and evaluation/qualification testing in the chemical propulsion in the ESA Propulsion Laboratory at ESTEC.
Specific qualification requirements
- University degree (MSc.) in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering with emphasis in space propulsion related subjects.
- Proven experience in the design, development and/or testing of chemical propulsion systems and/or components for spacecraft and/or launcher applications.
- A good knowledge of other specialist technological areas involved in space propulsion i.e. materials, thermal, mechanical would also be desirable.
- Fluent in the English language (spoken and written). Knowledge of another European language is an asset.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Provide prior to 31 July 2019 a summary of why you are a good candidate for the position together with a complete and detailed Candidate Proposal Form or CV and Motivation Letter to Mr. Davide Starnone and Ms. Gaynor Brown, at email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference TEC-ATP-557 (RT-C/TEC-MPC/00557).
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 6 August 2019, 13.00 hours.