Thorn SDS is part of the industrial consortia contracted to provide ICT and Engineering services to the European Space Agency (ESOC). We have a heritage of working in the Space sector, providing talented individuals to work on high-profile and ground-breaking projects.
We are committed to working with the best people, who are determined to use all their skills and experience to deliver successful outcomes to our clients. We want our teams to be experts in their fields and offer training and support within the lifecycle of a project.
We are looking for a Spacecraft Operations Engineer (SOE) who will have responsibility for the Aeolus Payload chain, including the In-situ Cleaning System and the related interfaces for Mission Planning and Industry and payload external interfaces (PDGS, Mission Scientists). You will work in close co-ordination with the prime Payload and ICS engineers. The service may be extended to additional subsystems or systems within the scope of general SOE service and you will need to participate in the on-call rota.
The service will initially be provided for the Aeolus mission within the Earth Observation Missions family but with the possibility of supporting other missions within this family.
The general activities to be supported by this service are:
- Maintenance and preparation of Flight Control and Contingency Procedures
- Support to the general routine activities of the mission (Mission Planning, documentation maintenance, satellite and ground systems anomaly investigation).
- Acquisition and maintenance of general satellite knowledge and procedures, participating in the on-call engineer service rotation.
- General Flight Control Support Service
- Spacecraft Performance Analysis
- Spacecraft subsystem knowledge
- Experience in spacecraft operations
- Ability to work in an organised, timely, reliable manner with good reporting skills.
- Ability to work with other service providers in operations (team player)
- Ability to interact with other teams supporting the operations preparation (e.g. Payload Data Ground Segment, Ground Data Systems)
- An ability to work in English
- Familiarity with the ESOC environment
- Familiarity with satellite control systems, in particular SCOS-2000
- Familiarity with operational simulators, especially the ones based on SimSat
- Familiarity with MOIS
If you are interested, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.