Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of NAV-SP - Physical, ICT & Personnel Security Unit.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
This position covers the establishment, maintenance and operation of security related processes and technical infrastructure (general and security specific ICT, access control and intrusion detection systems, encryption devices and networks, etc.) and the execution of administrative activities associated to it.
These tasks are carried out with the relevant ESA services in the support directorates and in coordination with other NAV services and units.
Physical Security Definition, set up, maintenance and operation of CCTV, access control and intrusion detection systems of D/NAV directorate dedicated infrastructure for the management of classified and unclassified information. This includes:
ICT Security Definition set up, maintenance and operation of the ICT security related matters of the D/NAV directorate dedicated infrastructure for the management of classified and unclassified information, in close coordination with D/NAV IT manager. This includes:
- Coordination with ESA Security Office for accreditation and with ESA Corporate services (Facility Management for implementation, maintenance and operations,).
- Coordination with counterparts in other security offices within ESA (PRS Lab, ETS test facilities, ESOC) for issues concerned with the D/NAV Physical Security and logistics.
- Support the procurement of delta equipment, software and services in the domain of Physical Security.
- Definition, implementation and control of ICT infrastructure for classified information (Galileo Secure Environment).
- Coordination with D/NAV IT manager and ESA Corporate ICT services for delta security-related ICT services (e.g. HD encryption, security threats and incidents, virus alerts handling, etc.).
- Coordination with counterparts in other security offices within ESA (PRS Lab, ETS test facilities, EGNOS) for issues concerning the D/NAV ICT Security.
- Establishment, operation and maintenance of classified communication networks (SINA) in support of procurement and operational tasks.
- Support the procurement of delta equipment, software and services in the domain of ICT Security.
- Provide direct support to the Head of the Physical, ICT & Personnel Security Unit in the management of the Galileo Secured Environment and supervise its day today operations.
- Provide direct technical advice to D/NAV and Navigation Security Office Management to support decisions on ICT, Logistics, and Physical Security.
- Perform and/or supervise the set-up, securing, administration and maintenance of ad-hoc D/NAV ICT infrastructure.
- Ensure that effective backup procedures are in place and carried out in accordance with the SECOPS of the specific system under his responsibility.
- Ensure that the emergency recovery procedures, as detailed in the SECOPS, are in place and exercised at regular intervals.
- Ensure that all personnel having access to a system have the required “Need-To-Know” and are appropriately security cleared, if necessary.
- Ensure that accounting, audit and other security-related records are maintained and examined in accordance with the SECOPS.
- Report any security breaches, vulnerabilities or anomalies to the responsible management, the ESACERT as appropriate, and take the necessary actions deriving from the incident response.
Specific qualification requirements
The candidate shall have experience of system engineering including:
- Master level education in IT Security, Cyber Security or equivalent.
- At least 4 years of relevant experience.
- In possession of EU/national/NATO personal security clearance up to SECRET.
- Previous experience and qualifications on INFOSEC & Physical security.
- Previous experience with system hardening and accreditation process.
- Previous experience with handling Classified Information and its protection (NTK, ACL, RBAC, FIM).
- Previous experience with handling Crypto material (Keys, Smartcards).
- Previous experience with Public Key Infrastructures (PKI).
- Previous experience with Microsoft Windows Server and Client environments, Active Directory, GPOs.
- Previous experience with Linux platforms.
- Previous experience with Virtualization technologies (VMWare vCenter, Horizon View).
- Knowledge and working experience with security monitoring tools (SIEM, Syslog).
- Knowledge and working experience with File Transfer technologies (FTP, SFTP).
- Previous experience with Networking technologies like Switches, Routers and Firewall configuration.
- Voice-over-IP technologies, Asterix PBX and Cisco IP Phones.
- Experience with ITIL and/or PRINCE2.
- Experience with ISO 27000 implementation.
- Excellent communication skills (written, interpersonal, negotiation and telephone communications) are crucial.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- High senses of rigor, proactive attitude to solving problems.
- Service orientation.
- Excellent team work skills
- A very good working knowledge of spoken and written English is essential.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Provide prior to 2 August 2019 a summary of why you are a good candidate for the position together with a complete and detailed Candidate Proposal Form or CV and Motivation Letter to Mr. Davide Starnone and Ms. Gaynor Brown, at email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference NAV-081 (RT-C/NAV-SP/00081).
Please read our Recruitment Process for ESA for more details.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 9 August 2019, 13.00 hours.