The incumbent will work within the ESTEC Local Affairs Service and will be responsible for the execution of processes related to the privileges and immunities according to the Host Agreement of ESTEC. The incumbent will be responsible for the administration concerning the registration with the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Specific duties include:
• All administrative processes related to the registration of all categories of staff, including permanent staff, Young Graduate Trainees (YGT’s), Research Fellows (RF’s) and International Trainees (IT), with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (hereafter: MFA), which includes:
o Registration when taking up employment
o Deregistration when leaving the organisation
o Changes in personal circumstances
o Request for Statements from the MFA
• All administrative processes related to the privileges of staff according to the Host Agreement (f.i. taxes).
• Being a Liaison between the staff members and the Dutch authorities, like
o The Ministry of Foreign Affairs
o Tax authorities
o Social Insurance bank,
• Input and maintenance of several systems including Personnel Files, SAP, Excel, Lotus Notes and Access databases, electronic archives, shared drives etc.
• Recommend and actively participate in the improvement of internal processes and tools related to the ESTEC Local Affairs Service.
• Support the VISA requests of Staff
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications and competencies:
• University Degree (Bachelor) from a recognised Institute of secondary studies or equivalent.
• Previous experience with human resources administrative processes is desirable, preferably within an international environment
• Proven experience in the use of IT tools such as HRMS, Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes and databases
• Ability to speak fluently in English and Dutch
• Ability to draft written correspondence in English and Dutch
• Ability to interpret and explain rules of the Host Agreement between ESA-ESTEC and the Netherlands
• Strong organisational and time management skills with a proven ability to prioritise
• A high level of accuracy, attention to detail and follow up
• Excellent sense of discretion and confidentiality
• Strong work ethic and flexibility to work under pressure in a fast pace environment
• High degree of self-motivation, energy and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Positive attitude and customer service focus, maintaining ESA’s professional reputation
• Sense of diplomacy
• Resourceful approach to problem solving
Part time position: 60%
DEADLINE : 06/08