GALILEO AND GALILEO SECURITY MONITORING CENTRE
The European GNSS Agency (GSA) is responsible for the operations and service provision for the European Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) EGNOS and Galileo
Galileo is the European Union’s future autonomous Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) which will be interoperable with other existing GNSS systems, in particular the United States’ Global Positioning System (GPS).
The GSMC is an operational centre of the GSA. It contributes to the fulfilment of the GSA mission by ensuring that sensitive information relating to the use of Public Regulated Services is suitably managed and protected and not exposed to Galileo Control Centres.
The Crypto Custodian will be part of the Security team which is composed of four staff members.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Crypto Custodian will have the following non-exhaustive list of tasks:
- Management of Crypto Account(s):
- Manage (safeguard and control) all accountable crypto material in his/her custody and registry
- Keep the inventory of the COMSEC items received, for his/her custody and further distribution, whilst verifying and assuring the integrity of the seals of the envelopes and parcels
- Ensure that all movements of COMSEC items arriving/departing from the GSMC site(s) are properly performed, recorded and packed in accordance with the transportation plans
- Verify the implementation of the minimum security measures in accordance with the relevant security requirements needed for the safe custody of the COMSEC items for which he/she is responsible, in order to prevent compromise
- Perform periodic inventories of the COMSEC items he/she has under his/her responsibility, as per the GSMC COMSEC policy
- Report immediately to the COMSEC Officer any security breach, compromise or potential compromise of the COMSEC items he/she has under his/her responsibility
- Distribute the COMSEC items to internal users or external stakeholders according to the GSMC COMSEC Policy, the transportation plans and the GSMC standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Update and maintain the GSMC crypto account SOP
Management and performance of the COMSEC related operational tasks:
- Manage (generate, renew as required, distribute, delete and destroy) local and inter-site protection keys in accordance with the GSMC concept of operations (CONOPS) and standard operating procedures
- Maintain and perform the crypto operations procedures in accordance with the GSMC COMSEC Key Management Plan
- Operate IT and COMSEC equipment for key material management to make equipment ready for use by the Operations team
- Manage (generate, account for, renew and distribute as required) the smart cards related to the GSMC communications networks
- Perform crypto-material-related operational tasks assigned to the GSMC by the Galileo Crypto Distribution Authority
- Perform the regular maintenance operations of the GSMC COMSEC items
Performance of other relevant tasks as required such as:
- Contribute to monthly reports on his/her past and planned activities
- Report and contribute to handling breaches of security and compromise of sensitive or classified information
- Contribute to business continuity plans of the GSMC in areas related to his/her responsibilities and in areas related to staff emergency evacuation or relocation (to the other GSMC site)
- Participate in working groups related to the post duties
- Contribute to Risk management activities
- Keep himself/herself informed of the technology developments in the field of cryptography
- Other related tasks as requested by the management
Language use: The above tasks and responsibilities will be conducted in the English language.
The selection procedure is open to applicants who satisfy the following eligibility criteria, on the closing date for application:
- Have a level of education which corresponds to:Post - secondary education attested by a diploma, OR secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education and appropriate professional experience of three years
- Be a national of a Member State of the European Union
- Be entitled to his or her full rights as citizen
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws concerning military service
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved
- Have a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the European Union to the extent necessary for the performance of his/her duties
In order to be considered for this position, candidates need to create an account by registering via the GSA e-recruitment tool.
Only applications submitted via the e-recruitment tool will be accepted. Applications sent via email or post will not be taken into consideration.
A full job description and further information on the application procedure can be found here:
The GSA’s systems support the most commonly used Internet browsers. If you encounter issues,please consider changing the browser first before contacting us.