CGI has more than 40 years of experience in delivering complex, mission-critical space systems. Working with civilian space agencies, such as the European Space Agency (ESA), as well as space and ground segment systems companies, we have a proud heritage of successful project delivery and services across the space domain.
We are seeking to expand our team and are looking for system-level Architects to work on existing and new projects in the ground segment domain.
Location: for projects based out of our Darmstadt office. Some working on our clients’ sites may be required.
• Work both independently and as part of teams to deliver solutions for our clients
• Be responsible for aspects of system-level architecture and design for software components within satellite ground segment systems
• Act as a technical lead and design authority for development teams
• Create, review and understand user requirements and trace these to software requirements and test cases
• Design and review complex system architectures
• Manage change; review change requests and engage with development teams and customers to accept, clarify or implement changes
• Be client-facing; act as an interface to internal and external project stakeholders and represent the software systems under your responsibility
• Write and review technical documentation relating to system design
• Experience in system level design of large complex software systems
• Very good knowledge and understanding of UML and/or other software modelling frameworks
• Very good knowledge and extensive experience in the development of software, preferably in Java, for complex systems utilising rigorous quality measures
• Good to very good Knowledge of satellite/spacecraft Mission Control Systems and Ground Segment, including their basic tasks, principles and components
• Extensive experience in the utilization of software development tooling including proficiency in version control systems, static and dynamic code analysis tools, issue tracking tools and software development IDEs: for example Git, Jira, SonarQube, Eclipse etc
• Excellent communication skills
• Fluency in both written and verbal English
• Passion for Space and defining complex systems
• Existing knowledge of industry wide solutions such as EGS-CC and SCOS-2000
• Knowledge of space-related standards, for example ECSS, PUS, CCSDS
• Team leading experience
CGI encourages all its employees to take an active part in the direction of the business and offers an attractive benefits package including a share-purchasing plan, employee bonus scheme, flexible working hours, company car scheme and childcare support. We are committed to a sustainable future and as such offer free local public transport to our Darmstadt members.