A great opportunity for an experienced Systems Engineer to join the Telespazio VEGA UK team working onsite at ESTEC within the GNC section.
To provide support to the ESTEC GNC Section for the development of space transportation GNC systems, including flight vehicles ranging from Expandable Launchers, Reusable Launch Vehicles RLV's as well as Ascenders and Landers for Exploration applications.
Responsibilities / Duties
The successful candidate will be expected to:
• Support multi-disciplinary/physics and high-fidelity End-to-End vehicle dynamics modelling with implementation in 6DoF simulation environments (Matlab, Simulink, DSpace).
• Complete advanced multivariable GNC design and verification, for stability and performance robustness analysis.
• Provide support and independent expert analyses to the development of ongoing and future ascender and descender systems including
• Re-entry systems,
• Re-usable VTVL Systems.
• Complete detailed flight mechanics, environment, aero-dynamics, structures, propulsion, actuator and sensor system modelling.
• Perform system sizing, requirements capture, architecture conception, advanced GNC design as well as performance and SW validation analyses.
• Support the development of new Mission Vehicle and Flight Management (MVMS) Systems
• Provide regular Technical Reporting of the GNC Design and Analysis, as well as contribute to the preparation and execution of project and technology study reviews.
Qualifications / Experience
• Master’s degree, or equivalent, in Control and/or Aerospace engineering
• Proven experience in the design, tuning, analysis and simulation of GNC systems in different project phases, and including Thrust Vector Control/Attitude Control Systems
• Proven knowledge of modern control design methods, commercial model-based design tools (MATLAB).
• Experience with rapid-prototyping of hardware-in-the-loop systems.
• Ability to interface with industry
• Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
• Good English language skills
• Excellent analytical skills
• Proactive attitude to problem solving
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 3rd September 2019.
Location of the position is ESTEC, Netherlands.
To apply: Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
By sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.
Competitive Package covering salary, generous holiday allowance, training plan and more
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.