Position Reference: 978
You will provide engineering support to the activities of ground segment developments in the areas of Ground Stations, RF and Telecommunications.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
• The follow up of the detailed design and development activities of Phase B/C/D of the future ground segments in the areas of Ground Stations, RF and Telecommunications (mainly for supporting EPS SG and Jason-CS activities);
• The MTG MDAF and TTCF Warranty and Maintenance phases in the areas of Telecommunications, RF and Ground Stations;
• Maintenance and evolution in phase E to the other programmes within EUMETSAT (MSG, EPS, Jason, ,..) in the areas of Telecommunications, RF and Ground Stations.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
• You have an university degree (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline relevant to the profile together with the experience and capability to fulfil the assigned tasks.
• You have, as a pre-requisite, a demonstrated experience in a similar function for at least 2 years in the following:
• Ground stations system and subsystem design and development for TT&C;
• TT&C baseband equipment and SLE compliant implementations;
• Technical background in the specification and V&V of ground stations and large antennas and tracking systems for GEO and LEO satellites
• Knowledge of modulation/demodulation schemes applied by Ground to Space ICD for TT&C and payload data transmission (e.g. ECSS and CCSDS Standards).
• You are fluent in English.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
• You have competence and experience in the engineering processes for managing requirements from the definition phase through the traceability, verification, validation and maintenance stages using formal methods and tools (e.g. DOORs);
• You possess system experience with Link budget analysis and tools in S, X and Ka Band.
• You have knowledge of standard RF and microwave tools and S/W package for generation of signal processing related simulations and/or semi-automated measurement procedures.
How to Apply
Looking to take your career to the next level? Interested applicants should submit their CV and Cover Letter to RHEA’s Recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 24/09/2019.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.
About RHEA Group
RHEA Group is a leading engineering consultancy firm with demonstrated expertise in space, system- and secure software solutions.
We attract skilled engineers, scientists and management professionals; and offer a range of exciting career paths working alongside clients such as the European Space Agency, the European GNSS Agency, EUMETSAT and NATO.