Position Reference: 574
You will have the opportunity to provide engineering support with AOCS architecture, AOCS Design and Tuning, AOCS Validation and Verification, AOCS HW procurement, AOCS Support to Spacecraft Operations.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
• Definition and implementation of AOCS (Attitude and Orbit Control Systems) for Earth Observation, Telecom, Navigation satellites and for Astronomy Observatories. The functional support provided to these projects (e.g. Sentinel, Earth Care, MTG, Alphasat, Small GEO, Galileo, GAIA, Solar Orbiter, …) includes
• Participation to project reviews (SRR, PDR CDR, …).
• AOCS design, analyses and simulations (control loops design and modelling, FDIR, independent simulator set-up, functional verification and performance budgets).
• Review of AOCS SW implementation.
• Sensors and actuators selection and procurement support.
• AIV/AIT support (test benches, review of test plans and test results).
• Operations support (review of Operations Manual, rehearsal and LEOP).
• Support to in-orbit analysis.
• Conception, initialisation and supervision of corresponding enabling AOCS technology R/D: High Accuracy Pointing, Generic AOCS Architecture & Building Blocks, Innovative AOCS & FDIR Solutions including prototyping and tools development.
• Sensors and inertial actuators technology development: APS, Star Trackers, sun sensors, Earth sensors, magnetometers, gyros, accelerometers, magneto-torquers, reaction wheels, CMG’s.
• Development and utilisation of the Control Hardware Laboratory (e.g. sensor characterisation and testing).
• Maintenance, development and set-up of AOCS simulation tools.
• Participation to the elaboration and promotion of ECSS standards in the E60 domain.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
• You have a PhD or Msc Engineering in Control and Aerospace engineering from a recognised Institution of secondary studies (University, Ecole supérieure, etc.) or equivalent.
• You have at least 4 years of experience in AOCS engineering in European industry or institutional entity, background experience in AOCS Design, Validation and Testing as well as AOCS HW procurement.
• You have a proven experience in the design, tuning, analysis and simulation of AOCS systems in different project phases.
• You have HW knowledge (sensors, computer, actuators).
• You have experience in AOCS AIT at subsystem and system level.
• You have proven knowledge of commercial model-based design tools (MATLAB).
• You are able to interface with industry.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
• You have exposure to full cycle of AOCS development from Phase A to Phase E.
How to Apply
Looking to take your career to the next level? Interested applicants should submit their CV and Cover Letter to RHEA’s Recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 26/09/2019.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.
About RHEA Group
RHEA Group is a leading engineering consultancy firm with demonstrated expertise in space, system- and secure software solutions.
We attract skilled engineers, scientists and management professionals; and offer a range of exciting career paths working alongside clients such as the European Space Agency, the European GNSS Agency, EUMETSAT and NATO.