Position Reference: 575
You will have the opportunity to provide microwave engineering support to Radio Frequency Equipment & Technology Section at the European Space Agency.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
• Contribute to the design, development and performance evaluation of RF technologies applicable to space and ground segments, with particular emphasis on Time and Frequency equipment, components and technologies (Atomic clocks, Master Oscillators, VCOs, T&F transfer);
• Provide expert technical support to projects and programmes;
• Development, integration, configuration and running of RF test set-ups for evaluating the performance of RF subsystems for ground/space applications such as:
• Atomic Clocks and Time and Frequency Test beds.
• ESTEC’s UTC facility
• Navigation payloads
• Linear and Non-linear characterisation of subsystems/devices.
• TT&C and Communication payloads.
• Development of software (e.g. Lab View) for automated testing, control and monitoring of RF performance.
• Contribute to the generation of innovative ideas in the field of RF equipment and technologies and to the definition of ESA R&D programmes;
• Define technical requirements and statements of work for the tasks to be performed by industry from early conceptual studies to full hardware development;
• Contribute to the development/usage of section related laboratory facilities and analysis/simulation tools;
• Maintain state-of-the-art expertise by monitoring the technological trends and applying them in the day-to-day tasks;
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
• You have a University Master’s degree in Microwave or RF Electronics Engineering.
• You have at least 4 years of relevant work experience.
• You have a good background on RF equipment and technologies for space application.
• You have several years of working experience in the field of Time and Frequency equipment, components and technologies.
• You are fluent in English.
How to Apply
Looking to take your career to the next level? Interested applicants should submit their CV and Cover Letter to RHEA’s Recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 04/10/2019.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.
About RHEA Group
RHEA Group is a leading engineering consultancy firm with demonstrated expertise in space, system- and secure software solutions.
We attract skilled engineers, scientists and management professionals; and offer a range of exciting career paths working alongside clients such as the European Space Agency, the European GNSS Agency, EUMETSAT and NATO.