An opportunity for an experienced Microwave Engineer to provide support onsite at ESTEC for Telespazio VEGA UK.
To support the design, development and evaluation of RF Technologies within ESA’s Radio Frequency Equipment & Technology Section, with focus on Time and Frequency equipment, components and technologies.
Responsibilities / Duties
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
• Contribute to the design, development and performance evaluation of RF technologies applicable to space and ground segments, with particular emphasis on Time and Frequency equipment, components and technologies (Atomic clocks, Master Oscillators, VCOs, T&F transfer);
• Provide expert technical support to projects and programmes;
• Develop, integrate, configure and run RF test set-ups for evaluating the performance of RF subsystems for ground/space applications such as:
• Atomic Clocks and Time and Frequency Test beds.
• ESTEC’s UTC facility
• Navigation payloads
• Linear and Non-linear characterisation of subsystems/devices.
• TT&C and Communication payloads.
• Develop software (e.g. Lab View) for automated testing, control and monitoring of RF performance.
• Contribute to the generation of innovative ideas in the field of RF equipment and technologies and to the definition of ESA R&D programmes;
• Define technical requirements and statements of work for the tasks to be performed by industry from early conceptual studies to full hardware development;
• Contribute to the development/usage of section related laboratory facilities and analysis/simulation tools;
• Maintain state-of-the-art expertise by monitoring the technological trends and applying them in the day-to-day tasks
Qualifications / Experience
• Master’s degree, or equivalent, in Microwave or RF Electronics Engineering or related discipline
• Background in RF equipment and technologies, for space applications.
• Experience within the field of Time and Frequency equipment, components and technologies
• Good English language skills
• Excellent communication and presentation skill
• Excellent analytical skills
• Ability to work effectively both within a small team and in an autonomous way
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 17th September 2019.
Location of the position is ESTEC, Netherlands.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
By sending your CV to email@example.com you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.
Competitive Package covering salary, generous holiday allowance, training plan and more
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.