About us: It’s a great time to be part of the SES team
We are the world’s leading satellite operator with over 70 satellites in two different orbits, Geostationary Orbit (GEO) and Medium Earth Orbit (MEO). We provide a diverse range of customers with global video distribution and data connectivity services through two business units: SES Video and SES Networks. Our global team works collaboratively to make a significant, and often life-changing difference in the world. As part of our team, you will play an integral part in delivering on our vision. At SES, we connect and enable broadcast, telecom, corporate and government customers, and enrich the lives of billions of people worldwide.
Manager, IT Service Delivery
Germany - Munich (Unterföhring)
You, under the direction of the IT Account Manager, identify business requirements and oversee the delivery of the IT services within the context of the business. The foundation of this position is establishing processes to provide consistently high levels of internal customer service in a cost-effective manner. You are responsible for providing business requirements and expectations as well as feedback on performance, to various IT teams and oversees IT service delivery execution, preventing defects within the IT Department.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / KEY RESULTS AREAS
- Responsible to the IT Account Manager, to own their services, end to end, including Applications/Operations as part of the IT delivery model
- Work in harmony to deliver the services
- Own KPIs through an account dashboard, and submit them to the IT Account Manager, with conclusions, and trend analysis
- Engage with the resolver groups within IT to close Account issues and coordinate the preparation of RCAs, and Service Improvement Plans, when needed
- Identify, propose and action solutions for issues identified during internal/external reviews
- Detect process defects and improvements, giving input to Business Process Owners and work with Incident/Problem/Change Managers
- Maintain a working knowledge of industry best practices, solution methodologies, and emerging technology trends; stay up-to-date with state-of-the-art IT concepts and technologies
- Understand the strategic imperatives, business capabilities, operating model, issues, and IT needs of assigned business areas across several countries. Maintain and nurture customer relationships to support the IT Account Management to manage demand, identify requirements, and support the delivery of solutions
- Support the IT Account Manager in building business cases to sell in proposed solutions to the Business IT Steering Committee
- Participate in weekly IT Process Review Meetings with IT Business Process Managers
- Ensure outstanding business support – ensure team members, including 3rd parties, provides outstanding day-to-day IT support, working within defined SLA metrics and manage issues to completion.
- Facilitate successful execution of major IT business application projects including communication with key executives, budget management, and coordination of 3rd party deliverables
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven negotiation skills
- Demonstrated managerial skills, able to lead a team and cooperate with other IT and business functions
- Proactive approach towards potential and/or current customers
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Service and customer-centric mindset is a must.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand business requirements and work towards solutions
- Openness for new technologies and readiness for change
- Stress resistant and able to manage multiple tasks at the same time
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment under tight timelines
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or equivalent
- Minimum eight to ten years of applicable professional experience in a large heterogeneous environment
- Working knowledge of PMP Project Management concepts and principles
- Proven experience of the following disciplines: Knowledge Management, Incident Management, Catalog/Request Management, Service Level Management, Vendor Management, IT Asset Management
- Sound knowledge of IT Service Management and ITIL Framework
- Sound technical understanding of the IT landscape and related technical skills
- Project Management Professional and IT Service Management Certification are a strong asset
- Knowledge and experience in Capacity and Availability Management is a strong asset
- Fluency in English, any other language is considered as an asset
- Willingness to travel internationally
OTHER KEY REQUIREMENTS / COMMENTS
Key performance indicators
- Request fulfilment, Capability and Availability Management.
- Incident, Problem, Change, Service Asset and Configuration and Release Management
Main interfaces to other departments
- Technical departments management (requirements)
- Group Information & Cyber Security -> compliance with security (requirements)
- Internal and external customers
What’s in it for you?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer you a truly global opportunity in an exciting industry and all the support you’ll need for both your professional and personal development. But most of all, we offer a truly unique opportunity to play your part in making a difference for those who need it most. We strive to uphold honesty, transparency and courage in everything we do. We’re proud to belong to the SES team and collaborate towards success.
Good to know
For more information on SES, click here.
SES is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diversity!