Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA.
The work will be performed on-site at ESTEC within the Directorate of Technology, Engineering and Quality (TEC).
The contractor work will include design, analysis, implementation and testing of radio navigation systems, with emphasis on system architecture and performance, GNSS security and on radio navigation receivers.
Tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Support design, implementation, maintenance and operation of Radio Navigation equipment, complex Radio Navigation simulation tools and test facilities for testing features (end-to-end performances, receivers etc.) with particular focus to multi-GNSS multi-frequency receivers.
- Support to Navigation Projects (e.g. EGNOS and GALILEO), R&D and Testing activities in the fields of system and mainly receivers performances for sensor station receivers and user receivers.
- Support to the EGNOS and GALILEO Ground Mission Segment team, including Sub-System level engineering activities, Verification activities and participation to Sub-System reviews.
Specific qualification requirements
- University degree (MSc) in Telecommunications and signal processing or Electronic Engineering, as well as experience in these fields.
- Specific knowledge on Satellite Radio Navigation Systems, ranging and positioning techniques and technologies, including latest trends in mass-market multi-GNSS receivers, high accuracy and robust PNT.
- Specific and Strong knowledge and experience on the design, development and testing of Radio Navigation receivers (from test receivers to professional and mass-market), including signal processing, positioning algorithms, Radio Frequency, multi-antenna and sensor hybridisation aspects.
- Several years experience (4+) relevant with the GNSS and GALILEO systems and equipment and have good knowledge of Radio Navigation processing, simulation and testing systems.
- The following competencies would be an asset:
- Familiarity with GNSS Android Raw Measurements, Java programming and carrier phase based positioning techniques (PPP and RTK).
- Knowledge on EGNOS Overlay System, including the evolution to EGNOSv3.
- Knowledge on virtualization and data centric processing.
- Specialist in the implementation, maintenance and operation of complex Radio Navigation processing, simulation and test facilities for spacecraft, aircraft, maritime and land mobile applications.
- Candidates must be eligible for security clearance from their national security administration.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in English.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants must be eligible to obtain security clearance by their national security administration. Being already in possession of
security clearance will be considered an asset for the selection.
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Provide prior to 5 December 2019 a summary of why you are a good candidate for the position together with a complete and detailed Candidate Proposal Form or CV and Motivation Letter to; Mr. Davide Starnone and Ms. Tracey Longden, at email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com quoting reference TEC-589.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before submitting them by 9 December 2019, 13.00 hours.