Position Reference: 589
You will have the opportunity to handle the Procurement, Design, Development & Testing of Radio Navigation Systems, Techniques and Technologies at the European Space Research and Technology Centre.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
• Support design, implementation, maintenance and operation of Radio Navigation equipment, complex Radio Navigation simulation tools and test facilities for testing features (end-to-end performances, receivers, etc.) with particular focus to multi-GNSS multi-frequency receivers.
• Support to Navigation Projects (e.g. EGNOS and GALILEO), R&D and Testing activities in the fields of system and mainly receivers performances for sensor station receivers and user receivers.
• Support to the EGNOS and GALILEO Ground Mission Segment team, including Sub-System level engineering activities, Verification activities and participation to Sub-System reviews.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
• You have a Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering, Physics or Aerospace Engineering.
• You have Specific knowledge on Satellite Radio Navigation Systems, ranging and positioning techniques and technologies, including latest trends in mass-market multi-GNSS receivers, high accuracy and robust PNT.
• You have specific and strong knowledge and experience on the design, development and testing of Radio Navigation receivers (from test receivers to professional and mass-market), including signal processing, positioning algorithms, Radio Frequency, multi-antenna and sensor hybridisation aspects.
• You have at least 4 years of experience with the GNSS and GALILEO systems and equipment and have good knowledge of Radio Navigation processing, simulation and testing systems.
• You are a specialist in the implementation, maintenance and operation of complex Radio Navigation processing, simulation and test facilities for spacecraft, aircraft, maritime and land mobile applications.
• You are eligible for security clearance from your national security administration.
• You have strong experience at user level with satellite navigation receivers and satellite navigation positioning and integrity algorithms.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
• You are familiar with GNSS Android Raw Measurements, Java programming and carrier phase based positioning techniques (PPP and RTK).
• You have knowledge on EGNOS Overlay System, including the evolution to EGNOSv3.
• You have some experience of commercial simulation software.
• You have knowledge on virtualization and data centric processing.
How to Apply
Looking to take your career to the next level? Interested applicants should submit their CV and Cover Letter to RHEA’s Recruitment team at email@example.com no later than 04/12/2019.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.
About RHEA Group
RHEA Group is a leading engineering consultancy firm with demonstrated expertise in space, system- and secure software solutions.
We attract skilled engineers, scientists and management professionals; and offer a range of exciting career paths working alongside clients such as the European Space Agency, the European GNSS Agency, EUMETSAT and NATO.