About us: It’s a great time to be part of the SES team
We are the world’s leading satellite operator with over 70 satellites in two different orbits, Geostationary Orbit (GEO) and Medium Earth Orbit (MEO). We provide a diverse range of customers with global video distribution and data connectivity services through two business units: SES Video and SES Networks. Our global team works collaboratively to make a significant, and often life-changing difference in the world. As part of our team, you will play an integral part in delivering on our vision. At SES, we connect and enable broadcast, telecom, corporate and government customers, and enrich the lives of billions of people worldwide.
Full Stack Developer (m/f/d)
Germany - Munich (Unterföhring)
ROLE DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
With a comprehensive skill set of a Full Stack Developer or Software Product Owner, you will develop in an existing codebase as well as design and deliver new solutions in cooperation with external Software development companies and contractors. This includes the management whole development chain:
- Definition of user stories and requirements
- Designing software architecture and selection of an appropriate server infrastructure
- Identifying appropriate frameworks and programming languages
- Coding, implementing, testing and maintaining the source code
Depending on the project you will code for different devices. This means you are responsible for developing Web Applications, native Applications for Apple or Android devices or a TV Applications based on HbbTV standard. In this context your main tasks are:
- Maintaining and modifying the codebase
- Analyzing and evaluate results to find the best solution to effectively solve challenges
- Listening to customers and understanding their specific individual needs
- Collaborate with external partners to ensure in-time delivery of qualified software and achievement of milestones
- Stay up-to-date with new programming languages and methodologies
You will work in a modern, agile software development environment with methods like SCRUM and KANBAN. To fulfil theses methods you will work on your own in a self-managed development process as well as interacting with team members and 3rd parties by using modern collaboration tools like Confluence and JIRA.
Furthermore, the position supports the senior management, the product and solutions management and other non-technical departments in a wide range of technical questions, in representing the company externally like on trade shows and in coordination with other European Platform operators.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / KEY RESULTS AREAS
3rd party Management:
- Setting up and monitoring project plans to fulfill product management’s timelines as lead in coordination with other departments
- Reporting of project status to the management and other departments
- Key result:
- Effective managing and reporting of project plans, even under difficult circumstances
- In-time delivery, milestones reporting
- Writing and documenting the source code
- Decision making about software components and frameworks
- Development of complex end-to-end solutions and managing the whole development chain
- Independent work and work in teams on solution architectures
- High responsibility for the selection of the suitable technology, based on technology know how but also respecting business needs
- Independent steering of third-party technology providers and consultants
- Important knowledge carrier for colleagues and guiding them in new technologies
- Key results:
- Central role in finding algorithm for development solutions
- Main responsibility for choosing software components and developing
- Professional in developing complex application for CE environment
- Experience in designing system and software architecture
- Able to review and modifying of 3rd party code
- Very good in providing constructive feedback to colleagues and partners
- Ability to realize feature, business requirements into technical software solutions
- Talent for analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Advanced communication skills for efficient external and internal communication in written, verbal and presentation forms; ability to present technical and complex issues in easy and comprehensible way
- Willingness to integrate into an international environment and ability to connect fast to others
- Intercultural competencies
- Ability to work flexibly under tight deadlines and rapidly changing circumstances
- Team-spirit and well-integrated in multi-disciplinary teams
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- University, engineering degree (TU or HS, with degree of M.Sc.) or an education in software developer or related field
- Advanced knowledge of or familiarity with HTML, CSS, and/or CSS preprocessors like Sass or Less
- Knowledge of at least one of these JS Framework: ReactJS, Vue, Angular, Ember
- Knowledge of Design Pattern
- More than 5 years work experience in the areas described above
What’s in it for you?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer you a truly global opportunity in an exciting industry and all the support you’ll need for both your professional and personal development. But most of all, we offer a truly unique opportunity to play your part in making a difference for those who need it most. We strive to uphold honesty, transparency and courage in everything we do. We’re proud to belong to the SES team and collaborate towards success.
Good to know
For more information on SES, click here.
SES is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diversity!