OQ Technology is looking for a candidate for a Wireless Embedded System Engineer to assume a leading role in a multi-disciplinary team at its facility in Luxembourg to actively participate in the technical development activities of designing a global satellite constellation for Internet-of-Things communication and participate in building and launching our first satellite.
- You will assume a leading role in embedded wireless system design and code development. You will also work closely with external partners. Below is a summary of the typical tasks required for this post:
- Develop 5G-like protocol stacks for SDR on high performance embedded systems and vector processors
- Implement 3GPP-compliant communication designs and algorithms and develop efficient firmware for space applications
- Implement advanced digital signal processing and communications algorithms for systems with tight constraints and interface with specialized hardware modules
- Work with the system design, software, and hardware teams to seamlessly integrate innovative features to the communications protocol stack
- Participate in software and hardware architecture, interface definition, design aspects, and code reviews and provide peer feedback
- Assess risks and address relevant issues to efficiently achieve project objectives
- B.Sc./M.Sc. in Electronics/Electrical/Telecommunications Engineering or an equivalent qualification, with strong background in wireless communications and embedded systems
- 5+ years of experience with real-time embedded systems and air interface for wireless communications
- Strong proficiency in C/C++ software development
- Experience with VHDL/Verilog and hardware control for physical layer processing or RF interface
- Understanding of 4G and 5G standard protocols and algorithms
- Hands-on approach for tackling technical issues and solving practical and complex problems in a rapidly evolving environment
- Willing to work extended hours in flexible and in a collaborative fashion
- Good professional spoken and written English
- EU resident or valid visa permit
Software Skills: C/C++, MATLAB, ARM microprocessor embedded software programming, VHDL/Verilog, fixed-point programming
OQ Technology is an innovative company and a front runner in the global race of building a global satellite constellation for Internet-of-Things communication. We work closely with the European Space Agency, government institutes, and our global customers. At our company you will have a great opportunity to overtake large responsibility to build and innovate from scratch. You will be at the center of decision making and will interface directly with industry and business professionals all around the world, an opportunity which is rarely offered in traditional corporates.
Thanks to low income tax benefits in Luxembourg, we offer attractive compensation package for individuals and families. Luxembourg represents an attractive place for expats with a diverse international atmosphere. Due to flexible EU regulations, many expats live in France/Germany and can still be employed by Luxembourg (border-crossing).
We offer a great opportunity for you to grow and develop and make your dreams come true. If you are looking for a challenge and looking for being part of new technology innovation in the world of satellite telecommunications, OQ Technology is the right place to be.
Please send your CV and any other documents supporting your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org