An opportunity for an engineer to work in the ESA Technology Transfer Office on-site at ESTEC for Telespazio VEGA UK.
To work as part of the Technology Transfer Team in ESA, supporting the assessment of technologies developed under ESA contracts for transfer to other fields of application.
Responsibilities / Duties
The Technology Transfer Officer will be involved in the following activities:
• Assessing the technical key benefits of the technologies developed under ESA contracts and ESA patents, and how they could answer needs from other fields of applications;
• Building technology/know-how descriptions catalogue stemming out of ESA R&D activities;
• Building a network of space companies interested in technology transfer;
• Supporting the set-up and organization of call for proposals as well as the assessment of proposals for technology transfer feasibility studies, proof of concepts and demonstrators resulting from the TTPO ‘s activities.
• Providing expertise for the evaluation of proposals, and support the follow-up of the contracts placed with industry.
• Actively contributing to other existing activities of the TTPO, in particular related to the technical support and the patents.
Qualifications / Experience
• University Master’s degree, or equivalent qualification, in a relevant technical or scientific discipline.
• Diplomas or experience in relevant areas such as technology transfer, technology assessment, commercialization, intellectual property (in particular patent rights, licensing and patenting process)
• Previous experience of working in ESA environment and similar public research organization/
• Motivation, initiative and ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
• Fluency in English.
• Good English language skills.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Positive, “can-do” approach.
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 7th January 2020.
Location of the position is ESTEC, The Netherlands.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
By sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.
Competitive Package covering salary, generous holiday allowance, training plan and more
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.