Vitrociset Belgium operates in Space & Telecom sectors providing turn-on key systems, software and services with strong emphasis in the satellite ground operations. We provide solutions, which grant quality and safety, and soliciting the innovation with a high return « value for money » for our Customer. In this frame, the company is looking for a DSP Engineer.
The DSP Engineer will join the Engineering and Innovation Department for a challenging opportunity in the field of RF security and for telecommunication and GNSS signals, with ESA as a customer. The project aims at building a facility for testing the resilience of Drones to cyberattacks at the signal and data level of different natures, and Vitrociset Belgium acts as a main technical authority.
The candidate assigned to this job will be working on the design and development of digital signal generators with different modulations and coding to interface RF modems and antennas of different frequencies. More in general, the postholder shall:
- Take full responsibility of requirements, including generation, change management, justification and verification.
- Design the algorithms considering platform capabilities and limitations.
- Prototype designed algorithms to justify the design choices.
- Support the selection and procurement of the HW platform required for running the algorithms during the preliminary design phases.
- Liaise with other subsystems’ responsible (e.g. RF engineers, control SW developed) to ensure consistency of the interfaces and mitigate risks of possible deviations.
- Have a knowledge of the market and support make-or-buy choices before starting the development.
- Develop, in a collaborative environment, the designed algorithms on the selected platform.
- Contribute to the verification programme and support integration and verification tests.
- Support the project manager in presenting and answer questions about the project to the customer.
- Master’s Degree in Telecommunications engineering.
- A strong background in signal theory and digital signal processing is a must, together with some years of experience in algorithms design and development.
- Knowledge of Matlab and at least one additional programming language (Python/C++).
- Strong command of end-to-end communication chain simulations at the physical layer for several modulations and coding schemes, including evaluation of performances in analogue and digital domain.
- Hands-on experience in satellite communications projects.
- Experience with exploitation, integration and setup of COTS HW for SDR.
- A good understanding of security and confidentiality of communication links is an asset.
- Excellent command of English is a must, some knowledge of French is an asset.
- Ability to work in an international team dislocated among different sites
Position based in Transinne, Belgium.
Travels and missions happens, depending on the projects needs.
Undefined term contract.
Valid driver's License.