WHO ARE WE?
GMV GmbH is a German company, being part of GMV, a global technology group in Space, Defense, ICT and Intelligent Transport Systems employing 2300 staff. Our activities in Germany are related to high-tech aerospace projects, space operations, ground systems, mission analysis, navigation and flight dynamics. GMV GmbH also specializes in software and hardware systems for simulation, emulation, 3D visualization and operations support. We are headquartered in Oberpfaffenhofen near Munich and have offices in Darmstadt.
At GMV GmbH you will find a unique work environment that requires talent, imagination and personal effort. We are an international team bound together by the passion for challenge, innovation, technology and customer service.
Having the best professionals on board is the true source of our competitive advantage. We recruit excellent engineers and encourage innovation, technical excellence and continuing education. We’re an international and innovative engineering company.
Responsibilities/ Duties /Tasks
The contractor shall support the Sentinel-3 PDGS Operations with respect to EUMETSAT's Marine Payload Data Ground Segment (PDGS) maintenance (in particular anomaly correction and software release processes) in the area of data processing systems
The duties will include a range of tasks, from preparing and providing the support of the day to day operations and maintenance, the analysis and testing of
deployments (including the handling of anomalies), and the design of upgrades and
configuration changes for these facilities. The contractor shall support the team acting as the focal point for integrating the individual PDGS software components into the related data processing systems, covering all aspects of system integration and testing, including support to the end-to-end testing of the complete production system.
Qualifications: MSc in any related discipline.
• At least 3 years experience in the maintenance and/or engineering of software based systems (preferably mission/instrument data processing related);
• Knowledge of software development lifecycles and demonstrable experience;
• Experience in system analysis e.g. decomposition and requirements allocation to systems, subsystems and components (preferably data processing related);
• Experience in defining and maintaining interface specifications for engineering systems (preferably data processing related);
• Competence in software testing, unit test suite maintenance, automated testing;
• Competence in integration, verification and validation (V&V) activities;
• Experience in software debugging and profiling;
• Experience of source code control systems (preferably Git and Subversion).
• Experience with Processing Frameworks and/or Processing Infrastructures;
• Knowledge of the ESA generic Instrument Processing Facility (IPF) interface specification and relevant technical standards ( e.g. ECSS, CCSDS, OGC);
• C/C++/Java programming language experience in a UNIX/Linux based environment;
• Knowledge of scripting languages ( e.g. Bash, Python);
• Knowledge of web technologies, programming and mark-up languages (e.g. Apache,
• Experience with configuration management and control tools.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
The possibility to work in an international team, with innovative projects. We also give you the chance to develop your career in our work centers around Europe, USA and Asia.
Professional Career Development. We help you directing your career, starting from a technical base, passing through the team and project management, the technical expertise or the commercial area, keeping contact with our clients. It’s up to you!
Access to the company’s training program. You can acquire and sharpen your knowledge in the technologies we use, as well as your language skills.
Flexible working schedule.
Possibility to participate in team activities and sports competitions with us.
Private medical insurance.
If you would like to work in an interesting, fun, fast-paced, challenging, diverse and global company which is growing rapidly, please send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org