Position Reference: 654
We are currently looking for a Galileo ILS Engineer to work for our client in the city of Prague, Czech Republic.
Galileo is Europe’s Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS), providing improved positioning and timing information with significant positive implications for many European services and users.
The Galileo ILS Engineer will contribute to support the preparation and follow-up activities for the Ground Segment maintenance.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
• Support the definition of the Galileo Ground Segment Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) concepts, with focus on support to operational sites (remote, GCCs, GSMC and others).
• Support the specification of the ILS and obsolescence management (HW/SW) requirements.
• Support the definition of the Galileo ground segment ILS, maintenance (all levels) and obsolescence concepts.
• Update and elaborate the Galileo ground segment ILS and maintenance requirements baseline.
• Support to the implementation of the activities at the ILS centre.
• Support on Galileo assets management.
Additional support may be requested on the following activities:
• Define changes to the Galileo maintenance concepts and requirements (in particular as derived from the services provider requirements).
• Elaborating the maintenance concept associated to the Galileo system evolutions.
• Ensure the technical interface with ESA for Ground segment maintenance and its evolution.
• Support operations from anomalies root cause investigation to validation (from cradle to grave).
• Review the classification of observation reports, the maintenance reports, and anomalies in view of the preparation of the anomaly review board.
• Define criticality/urgency for anomaly resolution, setting adequate priorities and ensuring and monitoring the timely management by industry of anomalies and non-conformance reports.
• Participate to the Anomaly Review Board and Non-Conformances Review Board for the Ground Segment related issues.
• Specify the Galileo Ground Segment maintenance requirements.
• Assess the impact of the Ground Segment maintenance activities and its evolutions on Segment qualification status.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
• Master’s Degree in the relevant discipline.
• At least 5 years of experience in ILS or ground segment maintenance.
• Galileo knowledge is an asset.
• Organised, dynamic and proactive.
• Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
Security clearance (EU Secret) will be necessary but is not mandatory to start the activities.
How to Apply
Looking to take your career to the next level? Interested applicants should submit their CV and Cover Letter to RHEA’s Recruitment team at email@example.com no later than 30/10/2020.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.