Position Reference: 693
We are currently looking for a SATCOM Ground Segment Engineer to work at our client’s premises in the city Harwell, UK.
The key person will support the activities in the Ground Technology and Products Section in the Telecommunication Satellite Domain.
Taks and activites
The scope of work will include:
• Coordinate the initiation of activities related to technology and product
• design and development for the telecommunication ground segment.
• Evaluation, negotiation, monitoring and control of contracts and activities related to technology and product development for satellite
telecommunication ground segments.
• Monitor market and technology trends and developments in the area of satellite communication ground segments.
• Provide input for the Department Business Intelligence management
• Support TIA Communication activities in line with the ESA TIA Communication Policy rules.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
• University degree or equivalent qualification in Engineering.
• minimum 7 years of industry experience in the design and development of satellite telecommunications user or ground segment products and technologies.
• Expérience in satcom ground segment architectures for broadcasting, broadband, trunking, backhauling and mobile applications.
• Experience in the definition and implementation of ground solutions for satcom mobile systems
• You have an expertise in some or all of the following areas:
• Terminal modem design (FPGA and ASIC).
• Communication protocols including quality of service aspects, upper layer techniques in IP and networking, air interface techniques.
• RF and Microwave including LNAs, SSPAs, TWTAs, filters, frequency converters.
• Ground antennas for both fixed and mobile SatCom systems.
How to Apply
Looking to take your career to the next level? Interested applicants should submit their CV and Cover Letter to RHEA’s Recruitment team at email@example.com no later than 31/12/2020.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.