We are the first choice European aerospace company for software centric engineering solutions. We combine 40 years of experience in a market, where trust and quality are needed. With more than 350 employees in Germany, we shape the future of aerospace – and beyond - together.
Our staff plays a key role for our success through their qualifications, motivation, enthusiasm, different cultural backgrounds and their sense of collaboration in an open international environment living our values; trust, integrity, participation and curiosity.
We are committed to crafting a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We offer a wealth of benefits to support a balanced work life balance and encouraging career development.
This position is based at ESOC in Darmstadt. It is full-time and permanent and expected starting date will be around June 2021.
We are looking forward to meeting you!
You are passionate about space flight dynamics and looking for a meaningful opportunity to enfold your talents? Then you are on the right track!
We are supporting the European Space Agency with highly qualified services at the European Operations Control Centre (ESOC) in Darmstadt. For a new service position within flight dynamics division we are searching for a flight dynamics authority to complement our international service team!
You will support and execute operational tasks within the Orbit Determination section for Earth observation missions including Aeolus, Cryosat and Swarm and potentially missions in preparation phases like Biomass and FLEX. This includes execution of and support to operational tasks, processing of tracking data, determination and prediction of the spacecraft orbital state and the generation of orbit related products such as orbit predictions.
In addition, you will specify and implement improvements and additions to existing software elements for computation of the dynamical behaviour of satellites, typically on Linux workstations. You will install the software on the operational platform(s) and design, coordinate and perform the testing.
Furthermore you will participate in system tests and mission simulation campaigns, contribute to space studies with the evaluation of flight dynamics aspects, and coordinate internal and external interfaces and activities across subsystems.
Detailed information on the missions and the activities of ESOC can be found on www.esa.int;
- University degree in a relevant engineering field, astronomy, mathematics or physics.
- The ideal candidate we are looking for contributes to our service team with the following characteristics:
- An outstanding expertise in linear algebra and applied mechanics, in particular for problem solving related to geometry in the Euclidean 3–dimensional space.
- Skills to apply above knowledge to develop solutions to technical (mathematical and dynamical) problems in cooperation with customers and other experts.
- Proficiency in definition, implementation, validation and operation of software which applies the above solutions, using Linux scripting, C++ and Fortran 90 as main programming languages;
- Desire to extend technical skills.
- A high sense of operational responsibility and good communication skills.
- Aspiration to take operational responsibility in multi-discipline teams.
- Fluency in English, both in speech and writing.
- Coordinate and interact with other service providers in operations and other fields.
- Ability to work independently.
Additional desirable skills are
- Familiarity with the ESOC environment.
- Previous operational experience in Flight Dynamics or spacecraft missions in general.
- Experience dealing with external interfaces.
- Experience with Linux, network services and protocols, and system administration.
- The ability to multi-task efficiently; working on multiple activities, multiple subsystems and if applicable multiple missions simultaneously.
Furthermore, knowledge about current and planned ESA missions should be a given.
Your Benefits of joining us
By joining the Telespazio family, you will enjoy all the benefits of a competitive salary in a sustainable work environment, flexible working time models, diverse advancement and training possibilities for technical, language and soft skills, a generous holiday package as well as a company pension scheme. Furthermore, we support you with your relocation. Through our wide network, we can also support your partner in finding a job at your new work location.
Are you equally inspired by our visions and dreams? Get in touch with us today and send us your application!
Your HR Contact for this position is Raphael Rossato.