Position Reference: 806
On behalf of ESA, we are currently looking for a Communication Systems & Technologies Engineer to work in its Site (ESTEC) in the beautiful city of Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
• Assistance in preparation of invitation to tenders related to ESA R&D.
• Support the management of industrial R&D activities in the areas of: i) satellite modem physical and link layer analysis, design, prototyping and testing; ii) SATCOM Systems and network analysis and simulations.
• Support internal hands-on technical analysis on subjects related to future SATCOM systems.
• Support the preparation of the section R&D technology roadmaps in the area of telecom systems and networks.
Coordinate the section telecom lab activities.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
• Master Degree or PhD in Telecommunication Engineering with particular emphasis on digital transmissions from the physical and MAC perspective, with minimum 4 years of experience.
• Strong technical background in telecommunication engineering and knowledge of the relevant communication protocols.
• Knowledge of the main satellite and terrestrial telecom standards is considered an asset as well as the experience with communication system HW prototyping and testing (e.g. FPGA, DSP, GPU, micro-processors).
• Broad technical expertise in telecommunication networks design with particular emphasis on physical and link layer, and good understanding of multiple access telecommunication protocols.
• Good knowledge and experience in the use of communication simulation software tools (e.g. Matlab, C++).
• Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
• A few years of work experience in the field of complex digital communications systems, sub-systems and networks.
How to Apply
Looking to take your career to the next level? Interested applicants should submit their CV and Cover Letter to RHEA’s Recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 18/03/2021.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.