Position Reference: 926
We are currently looking for a Senior Ground Segment Engineer to join our team in Harwell, Oxfordshire, in the United Kingdom.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
• Participate in the development of Ground Segment systems for current and future satellite missions for our customers in the European space industry.
• Working on a range of challenging projects, as one of the key lead engineers developing systems used for the automated monitoring and control of spacecraft.
• Manage a team of developers and plan and coordinate ground segment development activities with the customer.
• Act as technical lead of the project defining the required tasks and technical objectives and provide effective leadership to the project team.
• Taking responsibility for the definition, documentation, and satisfactory completion of the project.
• Act as interface to the customers and product owners.
• Identify, assess, and manage risks to the success of the project.
• Ensure that realistic project and quality plans are prepared and maintained and provides regular and accurate reports to stakeholders.
• Communicate and coordinate project activities with the project team (RHEA staff, partners, subcontractors) and ensure that priorities are developed and known.
• Ensure Quality reviews occur on schedule and according to procedure.
• Manage the project resources & costs.
• Ensure that project deliverables are completed within planned cost, timescale and resource budgets, and are signed off.
• Contribute background skills, knowledge and experience towards the project completion.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
• University degree in Computer Sciences, Software Engineering or equivalent industrial experience.
• At least 5 years of experience working in ground segment development environment.
• Proven successful project and risk management experience (3 years as minimum).
• Demonstrated experience in managing complex projects and technical teams.
• Knowledge of space system engineering and design methodologies.
• Specific space domain knowledge would be a strong plus, in particular:
SCOS-2000 mission control system.
CCSDS packet and MO standards.
• Good understanding of software development technologies and architectures applicable to the ground segment.
• Sufficient technical skills to actively participate in technical discussions with the project team and to enable a solution driven process.
• Strong knowledge of technical document writing – notably, user requirements, design documentation, and test documentation.
• Agile and flexible attitude.
• Rapid self-starting capability and experience in team working.
• Excellent communication skills, presentation preparations skills and ability to present in front of an audience.
• Good planner and able to follow more than one subject at a time.
• Dynamic and proactive attitude, with a strong commitment to the ongoing development and quality of the RHEA products.
• Excellent communications skills.
• Willing to travel when required.
• Proficiency in English, both written and spoken.
How to Apply
Looking to take your career to the next level? Interested applicants should submit their CV and Cover Letter to RHEA’s Recruitment team at email@example.com no later than 30/09/2021.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.