With 2.100 employees worldwide, the CS Group is a leading IT company in France and in Germany, and a prime contractor in designing, integrating and operating mission critical systems. It has now been over 30 years that comprehensive CS Group solutions for space systems and applications, both on the ground and in space, have been part and parcel of this odyssey.
Our German activities grow at fast pace and to face our customers' high level expectations and needs, we are looking for talented profiles with relevant experience in Space systems and applications.
Responsibilities/ Duties /Tasks
Our subsidiary CS GmbH, located in Darmstadt, is looking for a Project Manager/Technical Leader. The activity will be performed at CS GmbH premises at Darmstadt. The key person will integrate the back-office to manage a team of software engineers ensuring the development and maintenance of space software/systems. The selected candidate will report directly to the project director of CS GmbH.
This activity includes, among others, the following tasks:
- Management of the project team
- Follow-up of activities and anticipate needs
- Reporting to the team and management
- Monthly accounting & reporting to the management
- Support to technical meetings with customers
Mandatory skills & background:
You will have M.Sc. in Computer Science Engineer, Telecommunications Engineering or equivalent.
You will also be able to demonstrate at least 3 years of demonstrated hands-on experience in:
- Project Management disciplines (i.e. risk management, action control, reporting, planning);
- Development life cycle systems engineering;
You will have a strong technical background in the space domain and Ground Segment software with experience in software development or maintenance in the space environment for ESA and/or EUMETSAT;
In addition you will:
- Be fully proficient in business English;
- Have a sound knowledge of related QA processes and procedures, preferably applied in space projects (ECSS);
- Have good office computing skills and hands-on experience in using the MS Office Suite;
- Have strong inter-personal and communication skills and be able to interface efficiently with both the management and technical level;
- Have the ability to conduct all activities in an orderly and disciplined manner and be able to work calmly and correctly under stress;
- Be able to draft concise management reports and executive level presentations in English and the capability and experience to fulfil the assigned support tasks with a minimum of supervision;
- Have experience of working on a collaborative and multi-disciplinary environment.
- Be organised and able to work autonomously in a challenging environment
Direct experience of project management and scheduling for space/ground segment development or operations and with the ECSS lifecycle or equivalent will be considered as an advantage;
We look forward to hearing from you!