Telespazio UK is looking to fill a diverse and critical role to support our broad Space systems architecture work covering missions across the UK and Europe, in civil and defence specialties .
Telespazio UK is part of a company containing over 2500 people working in the growing field of Space Systems and operations and Geo-Information. Telespazio is majority owned by Leonardo, one of the UK’s largest defence, aerospace and security companies.
The successful candidate will be expected to;
• Lead or contribute to (depending on experience) the evaluation, design and development of predominantly software based Ground Segment Systems and tooling, potentially for:
• Launch systems
• Monitoring and control segment systems
• Mission systems
• User segment systems
• Planning and execution of ground segment systems tests
• Write technical plans, specifications, reports
• Write technical proposals
• Carry out technical management of projects
• Interface with customers, product owners and the project team(s).
• University Bachleor's degree, or equivalent, in systems engineering or related topic.
• Minimum 3 years experience of systems engineering, preferably in the space industry.
• Systems engineering
• Technical authoring
• Good communicator
• Knowledge of ground segment systems
• Knowledge of spacecraft systems, particularly their relationship with the ground systems that support them
• Knowledge of relevant industry protocols and standards such as ECSS
• Software Engineering
• Technical proposal writing
• Integration and Test
• Strong written and oral communication
• Team player, flexible, open and keen to contribute
• Conscientious, hard working
• Attention to detail