Position Reference: 987
On behalf of ESA, we are currently looking for a PA and Safety Engineer to work in its Site (ESTEC) in the city of Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
The key person will provide support to the Galileo Ground Segment PA Unit in all the activities related to the execution of the Galileo Ground Segment and Software Product Assurance and Safety Programme.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
• Guiding and monitoring the implementation of Ground Segment and Software PA&S requirements in order to assess performance/effectiveness, participation in design reviews and directing the necessary preventive or corrective actions.
• Supporting the process for evaluation and approval of waivers and deviations.
• Supporting the project non-conformance process and attendance/organization of non-conformance/anomaly and software review boards as necessary.
• Ensuring the implementation of the Ground Segment and Software PA Requirements baseline across the applicable Galileo Ground Segments.
• Monitoring the ground segment and software integration and test activities with quality audits, test witnessing and configuration inspections.
• Supporting the definition of the formal acceptance requirements and conduction of acceptance reviews of all contractual deliverable items.
• Ensuring the preparation of design trade-offs, analyses and reports using RAMS data to support project decisions.
• Supporting security and cyber-security activities for ground segments as appropriate.
• Support the maintenance of the Navigation Directorate Quality Management System.
• Guiding and monitoring the application and procurement of EEE parts, materials and processes and controlling implementation of applicable requirements.
• Produce reports on guidance provided, monitoring activities performed and status of compliance to applicable requirements.
• Support to launch campaigns.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
• Master’s Degree in engineering or technical sciences.
• Minimum of 10 years experience in the space sector, including 5 years in Product and Quality Assurance.
• Specific experience (or knowledge of) the following areas:
• software engineering (development, maintenance or testing);
• agile practices for software development;
• hands-on experience with static code analysis and tools;
• alternative software development life-cycles, continuous integration and tools.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• High degree of organizational and communication abilities.
• Ability to work in a diverse and multinational team environment.
• Eligibility for security clearance from your national security administration.
• Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
How to Apply
Looking to take your career to the next level? Interested applicants should submit their CV and Cover Letter to RHEA’s Recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 08/09/2021.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.