Telespazio Belgium is an international company which specializes in the space industry for over 30 years.
The European Space Agency is our biggest client and we provide highly qualified employees to many sites of ESA mainly in the Netherlands, Germany, Spain, France, and the UK.
Your career is very important to us, therefore, we provide a permanent contract with great benefits, good salary, relocation package and genuine support to our employees.
On behalf of the European Space Agency, we are looking for a highly skilled Microwave Instrument System Engineer to work in ESTEC, in the Netherlands.
- Development/acquisition, validation and maintenance of performance assessment tools for various spaceborne microwave instruments encompassing both active (radars) and passive (radiometers) instruments.
- Translation of mission/observation requirements to instrument requirements; improvement and maintenance of data processing tools.
- Performance Assessment of active and passive microwave instruments during the study phases (0, A, B1).
- Participation in the preparation and monitoring of instrument system and technology pre-development studies together with industry.
- University (Master's) degree or equivalent qualification in electrical engineering or physics with background in microwave engineering or electromagnetics theory.
- A good end-to-end instrument system understanding of microwave radar and/or radiometers.
- Demonstrated experience in the theoretical derivation and software implementation of instrument performance models
- A good understanding of digital signal processing techniques.
- General understanding of the modelling of wave interactions with the atmosphere and surface scattering.
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team within the boundaries of assigned tasks and a stringent schedule.
- Practical experience relevant to the tasks described above is an asset.
- Good familiarity with programming languages and computer programs such as Python, MatLAB, ADS, Excel, etc.
- Proficient in the English language (spoken and written).
Please note that interviews can/will be held via skype, webex or other digital platforms. The TUD will be agreed taking into account how the coranavirus situation develops.