We are the first choice European aerospace company for software centric engineering solutions. We are a key player since 40 years in a market where trust and quality are needed. With more than 400 employees in Germany, we craft the future of aerospace – and beyond - together.
Our staff plays a key role for our success through their qualifications, motivation, passion, different cultural backgrounds and their sense of collaboration in an open international environment living our values, trust, integrity, participation and curiosity.
We are committed to crafting a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We offer a wealth of benefits to support a balanced work life balance, including but not limited to flexible working hours, mobile working and encouraging career development.
Do, what you love as a SW engineer!
As part of the multi-national COSMIC (Community Operation Software Maintenance Industrial Contract) team you will be supporting the maintenance of vital ESOC ground segment infrastructure components such as ARES, PyARES, CFDP, EGOS-MPS, EUD_FWK, EUD_MIMICS, GFTS, SLEAPI, JSLEAPI, REALS and SPMON; managing the transition to a community licensing model for these in parallel with uninterrupted support to the flying ESA missions.
As part of this role you will collaborate closely directly with the client's end users, together with the responsible technical managers to designing, develop, and maintaining efficient and reliable code in Java, C++ and Python. You will identify bottlenecks, as well as bugs and devise solutions to these problems by assuring the functionality of the systems. You will help maintaining the code quality, organization, and automatization.
Your new Job
We are looking for a Software Engineer with working experience designing and developing software tools in the ground segment domain based on the CCSDS standard protocols in Java and C++. Someone who has experience and familiarity with development tools such as debuggers, profilers, and tracing utilities, excellent at problem-solving and multitasking, with a logical and pragmatic demeanor.. We want you to learn and grow with us.
From the beginning you will be part of our experienced team who design and develop, extend and maintain ground segment software tools for our space clients.
And yes, it is really cool to work on space projects!
This full-time and unlimited position is based at our Headquarter in Darmstadt.
Do you want us to invest in you?
We are looking forward to meeting you!
- Maintain, design, develop, document and test software in java, C++ and python in the framework of ground segment domain
- Show everyone what you are capable of, disseminating knowledge and learn with others; praising openly successes of your colleagues and get praised for your successes.
- Grow yourself, grow the company, and be rewarded as a technical specialist
- Share competences and being involved in training of junior figures
- Lead small development team
- University degree in software engineering or similar
- Experience developing and designing software in the space domain, in particular in the ground segment
- Object oriented programming and design
- Good practical Java / C++/ Python development skills
- Knowledge of Eclipse RCP
- Experience with managing, maintaining and designing databases such as mySQL, MariaDB and Hadoop HDFS
- Knowledge of one or more of the following systems ARES, PyARES, CFDP, EGOS-MPS, EUD_FWK, EUD_MIMICS, GFTS, SLEAPI, JSLEAPI, REALS and SPMON
- Experience in building software applications based on CCSDS standard protocols such SLE and CFDP
- Experience with CI environment tools (Git, Maven, Docker, Jenkins, Nexus)
- Experience using automated testing technologies
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Interest in being part of an international team continuously looking to improve our capabilities
- Previous experience on GIMUS2 or related project
Your Benefits of joining us
- Work-life balance: Flexible working hours, home office, sabbatical (time off for travelling around the world, extended parental leave, further education, etc.), option to work part time;
- Financial benefits: Company pension plan, net wage optimisation programme including IT / bicycle leasing, discounted annual ticket for public transport, employer loans, etc.;
- Employee recommendation scheme: We are grateful when our employees support us in finding new recruits. You will receive a bonus of 1,500 EUR to 3,000 EUR per successful recommendation;
- Relocation support: We offer our newcomers a relocation lump sum and support you in finding a suitable new home as well as in finding a school or nursery for your children and much more. Should need be, this can even include support in the search for a job for your partner.
- Career development: For us, further education and training are an essential part of people management, because this is the only way we can achieve our goal, namely a long-term and successful work relationship with you. Would you like to change your professional focus and work on other projects or change geographically? We will support you here as well.
- Company event and activities: We have BBQs, Christmas parties and TGIF (Thank God It's Friday) events. On top of that, we organise team-building events and events internal to departments to promote team spirit. Let us know if you have creative ideas for corporate events or new initiatives that you would like to introduce to our company culture, no matter whether they are of artistic or technical nature.
Are you equally inspired by our visions and dreams? Get in touch with us today and send us your application!
Your HR Contact for this position is Raphael Rossato.