Position Reference: 999
We are currently looking for an Advanced Concepts and Studies Office System Engineer to work at ESA HQ in the city of Paris, France.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
• Prepare together with ESA experts new OSIP Campaigns and Channels to identify innovative ideas in all areas of the agency
• Participation to final presentations for Discovery and Preparation activities
• Provide system engineering competence in the preparation and implementation of activities and work plans
• Support the Office’s objective to inform different stakeholders on running and past activities and results via web stories or sharing of activity documentation, specifically via a combination of automatized, scripted and ad hoc information input.
• Development of new web tools to support dissemination and efficient internal and external communication and exchange.
• Development of smart training and guidance material for all tools in use by the Office (e.g. OSIP, NEBULA, etc.)
• General proactive new development and improvement of automatization solutions for the Office, specifically on the different report generation tasks.
• Support the office reporting to different stakeholders (internal and external), specifically via the introduction and continuous improvement of automatization steps, e.g. scripting reporting taking information from different sources and databases.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
• Master’s degree in space science or engineering disciplines, with at least 4 years of relevant experience.
• A good academic background in space systems engineering with knowhow for automation (e.g. by use of python programming) and experience (or at least strong curiosity) for innovation processes is of particular relevancy for the on hand tasks.
• Basic knowledge in Web application development and administration.
• Functioning knowledge of python or another similar programming language.
• Basic knowledge, or at least proven interest in innovation platforms and open innovation.
• Be able to work in a diverse team as well as being able to adopt an independent working style where needed.
• Open to learn new things and adapt to a dynamic environment with fast changing requirements on the job tasks.
• Natural curiosity and a passion for new subjects.
• Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
How to Apply
Looking to take your career to the next level? Interested applicants should submit their CV and Cover Letter to RHEA’s Recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 20/09/2021.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.