Telespazio Germany GmbH is the first choice European aerospace company for ICT and engineering solutions and services. We combine 40 years of experience in high-technology markets, where trust and quality are essential. With more than 400 employees in Germany, we shape the future of aerospace together – and beyond. Our staff play a key role in determining our success through their qualifications, motivation, enthusiasm, different cultural backgrounds and their sense of teamwork.
We are passionate about delivering exciting Space Programs for and with our customers. Through our large frame contracts with ESOC, EUMETSAT and DLR, we offer a future-oriented and trusting work environment, multi-cultural teams, as well as challenging jobs on space missions for graduates up until experienced professionals.
Are you fascinated with the world of communication? Are you intrigued by how far-flung objects in space communicate with us on Ground? You have a flair for working with communication devices and understand the concepts of Radio Frequency. You don’t mind working 24 x7 rotating shifts, offering more flexibility and would love to have a wonderful view of Alps from your office, then this is the JOB for you.
Join us and make a difference by being part of our teams supporting 24X7 spacecraft missions from our customer´s Ground Station in Weilheim near Munich. This position is unlimited and will start around November 2021.
We are looking forward to meeting you!
Provide real time network and system management services at the Zentrale Deutsche Bodenstation (ZDBS) in Weilheim near Munich for the Multi-mission Operations area in a rotating 24/7 shift team.
The duties involved but not limited to:
- Configure and operate complex systems for Multi-mission like 15 meter tracking antennas, up- and down converter, high power amplifier etc. (Ground Segment)
- Supporting simulations, tests and training
- Monitoring of the software and database applications
- Troubleshooting and recovery of subsystems
- Interface and co-ordinate clearly with relevant agencies in case of anomalies
- Assist the System Engineers in procedure verification and anomaly investigation
- Perform Administrative support functions as required
- Engineering degree in aerospace, communication, IT or any other relevant domain
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Ability to speak basic German will be a plus
This position will require a security clearance in accordance with the stipulation of the project. In order to achieve this, the candidate must have been living in EU continuously for more than 5 preceeding years.
Your Benefits of joining us
- Work-life balance: Flexible working hours, home office, sabbatical (time off for travelling around the world, extended parental leave, further education, etc.), option to work part time;
- Financial benefits: Company pension plan, net wage optimisation programme including IT / bicycle leasing, discounted annual ticket for public transport, employer loans, etc.;
- Employee recommendation scheme: We are grateful when our employees support us in finding new recruits. You will receive a bonus of 1,500 EUR to 3,000 EUR per successful recommendation;
- Relocation support: We offer our newcomers a relocation lump sum and support you in finding a suitable new home as well as in finding a school or nursery for your children and much more. Should need be, this can even include support in the search for a job for your partner.
- Career development: For us, further education and training are an essential part of people management, because this is the only way we can achieve our goal, namely a long-term and successful work relationship with you. Would you like to change your professional focus and work on other projects or change geographically? We will support you here as well.
- Company event and activities: We have BBQs, Christmas parties and TGIF (Thank God It's Friday) events. On top of that, we organise team-building events and events internal to departments to promote team spirit. Let us know if you have creative ideas for corporate events or new initiatives that you would like to introduce to our company culture, no matter whether they are of artistic or technical nature.
Are you equally inspired by our visions and dreams? Get in touch with us today and send us your application!
Your HR Contact for this position is Melanie Giesche.
We would be glad to hear your feedback about the quality of the above job description, under this Form Candidate Experience - it is anonymous and takes less than two minutes.
Our mail servers are using an antispam module that regularly checks global spam lists. If you are not able to send us an email, it might be because the mail server of your mail provider is listed on one of these lists. We therefore recommend you use our application form at https://www.telespazio.de/jobs.