Position Reference: 1370
Are you looking for a new opportunity in a fast-moving global company with a family feel? A job where you could have an impact?
We are looking for a Galileo Project Officer to support our client the European Commission- DG Defis. This role is based remotely in any EU location.
The Project Officer will be working for unit C2 to support the GNSS Joint Office and the Galileo Implementation Sector. You will support various tasks of the GNSS Joint Office and other tasks of Galileo Implementation Sector of Unit C2 in the management of the Galileo Programme.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
• Supporting the Schedule and Risk Management Processes with the Galileo G1G and G2G ground segment and system elements.
• Developing and maintaining programme-level dashboards and Key Performance Indicators.
• Following up on the Galileo Ground Segment and system implementation activities (QPM, reviews), including preparation of dossiers for contract changes and technical recommendations for EC decisions.
• Regular interfacing with ESA and EUSPA Ground Segment teams for Galileo implementation matter coordination.
• Contributing to the Galileo Implementation external processes (with ESA and EUSPA) in support to the Commission (review of QIR, 3QPM, 3PM).
• Providing technical support to the introduction of future SAR services and their adoption by international community.
• Supporting the Galileo Implementation Team business continuity plan.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
• Experience with programme and project management processes (planning, cost and risk management).
• Experience in the development of ground segment for space systems.
• Knowledge of System engineering processes.
• Knowledge of the GNSS programme.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Familiarity with programme management tools (Microsoft Project Planning) and Excel.
• Good writing skills.
• Capable of integrating a multi-cultural team with staffs from different organizations.
• A holder of a Personal Security Clearance issued by the National Security Authority required to access EU Classified Information up to SECRET UE/EU SECRET classification level or be in position to obtain such a Personal Security Clearance.
• Fluent in English, written and spoken.
The following skills and experience would be highly desirable:
• Experience in interfacing with ESA, EUSPA, or other national space agencies.
Why should you apply?
• You will have the opportunity to work within a major institution.
• We encourage everyone to think outside the box and to push the boundaries of traditional knowledge. This role is an opportunity to join a forward-thinking company and allows for a deeper understanding of the industry.
• Benefits include: competitive remuneration packages; unique career opportunities, including working in other countries; personalized training and development programmes; flexible relocation support.
We strongly encourage applications from all nationalities, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, men, women, LGBTQ+ individuals and ex-service personnel to apply.
How to apply
Looking to take your career to the next level or find out more details about this opportunity? Interested applicants should submit their CV and Cover Letter to RHEA’s Recruitment team at email@example.com no later than 17/06/2022.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.