Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Galileo System Project Control Unit, you will have the following responsibilities:
• Coordination with ESA Corporate services (Facility Management for implementation, maintenance and operations, ESA Security Office for accreditation);
• Coordination with external entities for physical security matters outside ESA premises;
• Coordination with counterparts in other security offices within ESA (PRS Lab, ETS test facilities, ESOC) and outside ESA (EC, GSA, Arianespace, CNES, Industry) for issues concerned with the D/NAV team Physical Security and logistics;
• ICT Security Definition, set up, maintenance and operation of the ICT security related matters of the NAV directorate dedicated infrastructure for the management of classified and unclassified information. This includes:
o Definition, implementation, and control of ICT infrastructure for classified information (Galileo Secure Environment);
o Coordination with ESA Corporate ICT services for delta security-related ICT services (e.g., HD encryption, security threats and incidents, virus alerts handling, etc.);
o Coordination with counterparts in other security offices within ESA (PRS Lab, ETS test facilities, EGNOS) and outside ESA (EC, GSA, Arianespace, CNES, Industry) for issues concerned with the NAV team ICT Security and logistics related matters;
o Establishment, operation, and maintenance of classified communication networks (SINA) in support of procurement and operational tasks;
o Support the procurement of delta equipment, software, and services in the domain of ICT Security;
o Provide direct support to the Head of the Physical, ICT & Personnel Security Unit in the management of the Galileo Secured Environment and supervise day today operation;
o Provide direct technical advice to D/NAV and Galileo Security Office Management decisions on ICT Security, Physical Security and logistics matters;
o Perform and/or supervise the set-up, securing, administration and maintenance of ad-hoc D/NAV ICT infrastructure;
o Act as technical interface for ICT security, Physical security and logistics matters related to Test and Launch campaigns.
• Support other Members of the Galileo Security Office for the execution of the following activities:
o Mission level bodies for Security Regulations (WG-PCI);
o Operational Network Security activities.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
• Master’s degree in engineering or equivalent qualification;
• Previous experience and qualifications on INFOSEC & Physical security;
• Good knowledge of virtualised based system aspects under Windows and Mac OS and Linux, and related peripherals;
• Microsoft Office Professional package in combination with Web based applications (using OLE automation) and Microsoft Windows server environments, Active Directory and Networking;
• Oracle databases (10g and 11i) and related database applications (design, development and operations) as well as SQL and PL-SQL language, with preferably experience in developing web application using Oracle Application Express;
• Microsoft SQL Server and related database applications (design, development, operations);
• SAP modules and infrastructure knowledge;
• Development of web portals, web sites including the “mini websites”, graphical lay-out and editing websites; familiarity with the ESA customized web content management system IPS is an asset;
• Knowledge and working experience with Collaboration and DMS tools and platforms such as Microsoft SharePoint, WebEx and Lotus Notes;
• PABXes, Voice-over-IP, mobile telephone technologies;
• Experience with ITIL and/or PRINCE2;
• Experience on launch campaign and space project logistics is an advantage;
• Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available as soon as possible.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word or PDF) to Viktoria Panicharova, by clicking on the button “Apply for this job” quoting job NL-SC-4903 before 11-Oct-22.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!