Propulsion Test Engineer (m/f/d)
RFA - Rocket Factory Augsburg
Rocket Factory Augsburg AG (RFA) is a young international space startup. It was founded in 2018 as a spin-off of the OHB Group on the belief that daily space travel will revolutionize space service and the way we can improve life on earth. RFA is developing small launcher solutions for low cost access to space in a unique set up. If you want to be part of this NewSpace adventure pioneering space? Then join our journey and apply for our permanent and internship positions.
For permanent employment the Propulsion department at Rocket Factory Augsburg AG in Augsburg is looking for a Propulsion Test Engineer (m/f/d) - Sweden/Kiruna.
Our international and agile team is searching for a propulsion test engineer (f/m/d) to join our Propulsion Test Group in Kiruna, Sweden. Do you enjoy working in a dedicated, dynamic and international environment that aims for high-performance engineering solutions in aerospace technology? Then apply with us.
- Ownership of entire life-cycle of test setups and test benches for propulsion systems;
- Integration, troubleshooting and commissioning of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems;
- Develop test procedures, execution of tests, analyze test results, concise and efficient reporting of test results to development engineering team;
- Manage the execution of projects within extremely short timelines;
- Align resources to accomplish key objectives, assign clear accountability for important objectives;
- Use various testing, analysis, modeling and simulation tools to estimate or calculate system performance;
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Masters degree in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline;
- 5+ years work experience in testing of liquid rocket engines;
- Excellent understanding of oxygen-rich staged-combustion liquid rocket engines;
- Demonstrated proficiency in compressible and incompressible flow, thermodynamics, thermochemistry, mechanics, turbomachinery, pressurized components and system modelling;
- Excellent knowledge of physics, engineering materials and manufacturing processes;
- Experience with Siemens NX, LabVIEW, MS Office, Python;
- Experience with sensors: pressure, temperature, piezoelectric, strain gauge, load cells, flowmeters;
- Hands-on workshop experience: tube fitting, welding (TIG, MMA, MIG, orbital), dye penetrant testing, metal work, construction;
- Fluent English oral and written (all day-to-day activities are performed in English);
- Self-independent, a structured way of working and committed to working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Exciting and challenging NewSpace environment;
- Start Up atmosphere: join the international RFA family;
- Flexible working hours;
- Stay healthy and enjoy our free fruit baskets;
- We will make sure to not run out of coffee;
- Free parking also for your bike;
- Easy and fast connections in the heart of Augsburg;
- Regular company events like Friday afterworks;
- Self organized afterwork sport activities.
Become part of our international team and take your professional and personal development to a new level. We are looking forward to your application (german or english).
Don't forget to mention Space-Careers when applying.