Service Field Engineer
London, United Kingdom
What You’ll Do
As a Service Field Engineer at OneWeb, you will play a key role in our business growth. Working as a member of the Operations Engineering team using your understanding of the OneWeb Service Solution you will:
- Provide operational local support to Distribution Partners as an extension of the Level 3 Operations Engineering Team;
- Ensure that the infrastructure at demo centers, at OneWeb offices and reference locations is up and running to support commercial requirements/testing. This role is instrumental in our revenue growth, supporting the commercial team as they drive the growth of our business in all sectors;
- Support installations across a broad range of environments that very few people get the opportunity to travel to, connecting the unconnected;
- Regional operational presence to support OneWeb Distribution Partners and the Account team;
- Support on site activities at customer premises and act as on-site support for remote SME teams;
- Own User Terminals documentation review post AIS for UT installations and As Builds, to facilitate troubleshooting;
- Support the Service Team and deal with escalations requiring on site intervention in region, minimizing delays and expediting resolution;
- Operate as the technical expert and customer RF solutions engineer for OneWeb products.
What It Takes
- Relevant academic qualifications in Network Engineering/Telecommunications/Computer Sciences;
- Proven experience in using, configuring, and operating satellite terminal equipment including tracking antenna systems;
- IP hands-on knowledge;
- Experienced in running test applications and test tools covering performance and quality of service;
- 3GPP/LTE systems knowledge;
- An in-depth knowledge of Satcom User Terminal Equipment for different service use cases;
- Experience with deploying/installing VSAT terminals;
- Willing to travel internationally with cultural awareness, and the ability to build regional market knowledge and intelligence.
What We’d Love
- Technical understanding of existing conventional VSAT systems, HTS/VHTS systems, other LEO systems;
- Existing sector specific satellite communications solutions for comparison and competitive positioning purposes;
- 5- 8 years Years of Experience;
- Bachelors in an Engineering file or equivalent experience.
Don't forget to mention Space-Careers when applying.