Senior Antenna Engineer
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Antenna design, modelling and analysis for feed antennas, dielectric lenses, arrays, and/or radomes.
- Antenna design for volume manufacturing and prototyping
- Analysing simulation or measurement results using Matlab/Octave/Python/etc.
- Model optimization using multi-objective stochastic optimizers
- Assisting with / directing prototype antenna measurements
- Assembling slides/reports of designs/models, simulation results, measured performance, etc.
- Demonstrable experience of taking a product through to production
- 5-7+ years experience of antenna design, modelling, and analysis, focused on a subset of the following: Homogeneous and inhomogeneous dielectric lenses, Antenna arrays - phased arrays, transmitarrays, reflectarrays, etc., Beam shaping/forming, e.g. via metamaterials, Radome design
- Proficiency in electromagnetic simulation using 3D full-wave modelling software such as HFSS, CST, FEKO, etc.
- Strong Matlab/Python/similar skills
- Familiarity with various types of RF test equipment, such as signal generators, spectrum analysers, etc.
- Familiarity working with Linux operating systems
- An aptitude and/or willingness to lead the team where required and deputise for the Director as needed.
- Transformation optics/transformation electromagnetics
- Anti-reflection coating design and optimization
- Use of optimization algorithms, especially multi-objective stochastic optimizers
- Conventional optical lens design, as well as gradient index (GRIN) optics
- Automated electronic testing using scripts or other methods
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with a team of engineers
- Occasional international travel on request
Don't forget to mention Space-Careers when applying.