Lead IC Test & Design Validation Engineer
Reading, United Kingdom
We are looking for an experienced Lead Engineer to join our fast-paced, innovative Active Circuits Engineering team and lead the IC Test and Validation Group’s activity. As a key lead member, you will work with a multi-disciplinary cross functional team to execute the overall product and system. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a diverse IC test and Characterisation team to fully execute the design validation of multiple custom IC.
- Lead the group of Design Validation and Test Engineers to deliver the Custom IC design validation and characterisation;
- Lead the Test and Design Validation Engineer(s) to timely identify the issues with Custom ICs and then work with internal and external design team for its timely resolve;
- Work with and assist RF Integration team in providing sub-system test support;
- Acts as a line manager for a group of Test Engineers and look after the individual and business goal;
- Drive Cross Functional team in timely integration of the Custom ICs;
- Provide the Cross Functional team with the (delete needed) information to execute the overall product delivery;
- Work with Hardware team in providing the typical IC operational mode;
- Work with Software team in providing the relevant Software Control Requirements in advance for successful SW build ahead of the Custom IC delivery;
- Working with IC Design team, come up with and execute the Custom IC design validation plan and ensure that the component meets the desired performance.
- Have led a project with IC test and validation responsibility;
- Expertise with Typical RF and Analog measurements include but not limited to the following:
- S-parameter, Stability;
- Low Noise Figure Test Setup and Measurement;
- Linearity (P1dB), Intermodulation (IM3), Conversion gain;
- Modulated signal (APSK, etc.);
- ADC/DAC specification test.
- Has expertise in communicating with various IC protocol (I2C, SPI, MIPI etc.);
- Is an expert in Test Measurement automation (LabVue, Python, Csharp etc.) and can find the best platform to improve the overall test execution time;
- Have indirectly led the cross functional team to collectively execute a complex system;
- Is adapt at working with and driving cross functional team for the project execution;
- Is adapt at defining the test and verification plan and then executing it.
Don't forget to mention Space-Careers when applying.