Senior Satellite Systems Engineer
As a Senior Spacecraft Systems Engineer at Loft, you will work as lead engineer for one or several satellite missions simultaneously, each one flying a single/multi-payload configuration. You will be the technical reference for these missions, working closely with mission manager and all the Loft teams: products development teams, flight and ground software, AIT and operations.
Using flight proven satellite buses and Loft designed payload hub infrastructure, you will lead the development activities of the missions you are in charge of.
About this role:
- Work with customers to develop and manage system requirements and verification techniques, and flowdown to software or hardware teams;
- Develop, in collaboration with team members, interface specifications and derive overall satellite architecture and design;
- Work with product and sub-systems engineers, to develop and maintain technical budgets for spacecraft performance;
- Work with flight operations to develop mission CONOPS, supporting the development of Service Level Agreements with Loft's customers;
- Assist with program management and product management, including interfacing with customers on programmatic and schedule matters;
- Support test procedures, and participate in the integration, test campaign, launch and in-orbit commissioning.
- You have 5 to 10 years demonstrated experience as a spacecraft systems engineer, or equivalent experience in at least two different subsystems (ADCS, Mechanical, Thermal, Power, Avionics, …);
- You have strong communication and organizational skills;
- You challenge norms in aerospace engineering and testing activities and or experienced in fast-paced development environment;
- You have experience in small satellite assembly, integration and test campaigns, and/or in spacecraft delivery to orbit;
- You handle pressure positively and are always ready to put hands-on.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience in Electrical sub-systems;
- Proficient with STK;
- Knowledge of Python;
- International experience.
Don't forget to mention Space-Careers when applying.