We are looking for 2 Junior/Senior Cloud Engineers with 4 or more years experience to join our service team at our client EUMETSAT in Darmstadt.
The roles include the maintenance and auditing of existing cloud infrastructure as well as the design and development of new cloud-based infrastructure and data processing services, building end-to-end data pipelines, supporting the analysis of EO data and implementing artificial intelligence & machine learning (AI/ML) concepts.
- degree or equivalent professional experience in software engineering, computer science;
- very good Linux experience;
- good knowledge and hands-on experience with Python and Docker;
- good knowledge of application development, infrastructure management and data engineering;
- experience with Automation tools such as Ansible, Terraform or similar.
Other valued technical skills:
- Knowledge/experience with EO data, Kubernetes, TensorFlow, Keras, Theano, NumPy, GPU technology and CUDA;
- Previous experience in the space industry is valued but not required.
- Comfortable in a diverse international work environment;
- High degree of working autonomy and problem solving skills;
- Good English communication skills;
- Design new and maintain/evolve existing cloud services for extraction, transformation and loading of data;
- Design and implement data pipelines and architecture for data processing in the cloud;
- Integrating new cloud capabilities into existing systems and/or develop new cloud-based applications;
- Integrating analytics and machine learning capabilities into data pipelines;
- Querying data sets, visualizing results and reporting;
- Ensure efficient functioning of data storage and process functions in accordance the best practices in cloud security.
The work is foreseen to start in Q2 2023.
To apply, please send you CV (and motivation letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don't forget to mention Space-Careers when applying.