About the role?
We’re looking for a skilled Product Manager for agile development in a field that’s so new, it requires fearless application of creativity, ingenuity, and business judgement. You’ll be partnering with engineers, machine learning engineers, and data scientists to enhance our already impressive product line.
- You will be the voice of the customer for our newest analytics products. This means you’ll bring deep expertise about what our true customer needs are – not just what they ask for, but what they really need and will value highly;
- Define the product roadmap and ensure product delivery, working closely with the development team on feature specifications, representing the voice of the user, and making decisions about implementation and resource trade-offs;
- You’ll lead a cross-functional business team, partnering and coordinating all functional areas to ensure not just that the product meets its goals, but that the entire business vertical meets its goals;
- Talk to customers and translate their needs into product requirements, and be sure that everyone on the product team knows the customers’ true needs and your intent for the product, so they can make great, agile decisions in the moment;
- Learn our full technology stack and identify how we can leverage our tech to better meet customer needs. Help the team avoid over-engineering a solution in order to speed time to market, learning, and iteration;
- Communicate in detail about requirements and technical trade-offs with Analytics leads. Present at all levels, up to our very technical head of product and CEO. This requires a strong technical background;
- Keep the backlog groomed, prioritized, and well understood. Help the team identify bottlenecks, and quickly identify and address schedule risks for product delivery;
- As a new member of the product management team at ICEYE, you’ll help define associated processes and methods to set up the function and enable continuous improvement. You will likely define new processes, and get them adopted by setting a good example of its use;
- Promote and demonstrate an iterative, experimental, Lean Agile approach to rapidly testing hypotheses, and speeding up our ability to respond to learnings.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g., engineering, computer science, data science, economics, statistics);
- 5+ years of experience doing product management on products requiring novel technology development;
- Expertise in rolling out solutions for the geospatial industry, or transferable experience in another sector;
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly learn a new sector – you will likely be asked to lead projects that span multiple sectors within your first year;
- Must be highly self-motivated and driven to get results even when no-one is watching;
- Experience with data-driven products preferred – a product where the data IS the product, and the quality of the data is paramount;
- Statistics/Economics/Computer Science degree, or equivalent technical experience sufficient to be credible with expert quantitative customers and peers;
- Demonstrated ability to figure out solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgment to assess risks, and to lay out your argument in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative;
- Proven ability to engage with engineers, designers, and company leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationship;
- Clear and crisp communicator: we are looking for someone who loves to listen and can foster effective dialogues between developers, users and leadership teams.
- Geospatial industry experience;
- Startup experience;
- Experience in insurance and/or government verticals, especially involving NatCats;
- Experience with converting the result of R&D efforts into successful products.
Don't forget to mention Space-Careers when applying.