Manufacturing Engineering Manager
WHAT AWAITS YOU AT MYNARIC
- Responsible for managing the complete Engineering activities within a predefined area and leading new product introduction, design for manufacturability, design for testability, automation and continuous improvements;
- Previous experience in optics production such as Diamond Turning, Vacuum Coating, CNC Milling, Polishing and dimensional Metrology is an advantage;
- Close collaboration with engineering on the earliest stage of concept or design and reporting on milestones meetings to senior management and customers;
- Conceptualizing and designing of jigs, fixtures and assembly fixtures in CAD environment and packaging concepts;
- Lead engineering activities including daily schedules, work assignments and workflows;
- Drive activities for metrics reviews and performance improvement as part of a continuous improvement mindset;
- You are responsible for driving the team direction towards achieving goals while also managing headcounts, training and future development;
- Liaison and ability to manage projects involving multiple departments internally with engineers and externally with suppliers.
WHAT YOU BRING WITH YOU
- Successful Masters engineering degree in optics, mechanical or similar technical fields or MBA is a plus;
- 6+ years of relevant experience, with at least 3+ years of Managerial experience;
- Experience using CAD and related PLM software. CAM knowledge is an added advantage;
- Strong critical thinking, ability to question the status quo, while following documentation and maintaining prescribed quality standards;
- Proven ability to plan and manage operational processes for maximum efficiency and productivity while also implementing lean practices;
- Able to create, encourage and motivate a positive and team-orientated work environment by specific leadership methods;
- You are interested in helping to shape a growing company in the cutting-edge sector of laser communication and by improving efficiencies for precision optics manufacturing;
- You have good communication skills which help you to effectively apply your leadership skills;
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, ERP/MRP/MES systems, executing custom developed software);
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written in English. German language knowledge is a plus.
Don't forget to mention Space-Careers when applying.