Image Processing Engineer
As a member of our Data Correction team, you will play a critical role in ensuring the accuracy and interoperability of image products generated from Aerospacelab’s satellites. With the ability to process data at scale, you will be tasked with developing advanced algorithms that will allow us to perform the correction and calibration of images, including those at medium and very high resolutions, and those captured using multispectral sensors.
As a senior member of the team, you will be responsible for designing and developing earth observation image processing pipelines that take into account a range of parameters from the sensor, satellite state, atmospheric perturbations, among others.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technologies and play a key role in advancing our understanding of the earth’s environment. We are looking for a talented and experienced individual who is passionate about using her/his skills to make a positive impact on the world. If you are up to the challenge, we would love to hear from you.
- Implement state of the art correction algorithm pipelines for Earth Observation imagery;
- Define and implement imagery quality metrics;
- Lead ongoing space imaging operations, geometric calibration activities and performance characterization;
- Designing processes to calibrate full satellites constellations to ensure that our products meet and exceed specifications and SLAs;
- Collaborate within a cross functional team to develop performance models, error budgets and calibration concepts for Aerospacelab’s own constellations;
- Troubleshooting geometric image quality issues and developing long-term mitigations and fixes;
- Write and review technical documentation for engineering team as well as end user;
- Coach and review the work of junior colleagues.
- Master or PhD’s degree in engineering, physics, or math, relevant to earth observation image processing;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a relevant image processing or data analysis field;
- Experience with image processing methods and basic machine learning principles;
- Understanding of end-to-end image processing chain – from sensor electronics and image ancillary data to geometric characterization;
- A passion for Programming, Photography, Remote Sensing, Earth Sciences, and Geography;
- Experience leveraging scientific computing using Python in a Unix/Linux environment;
- Practical experience in solving problems by exploiting large cloud-based datasets;
- Proficient in English.
Nice to have
- Hands on experience with calibrating and operating very high resolution optical, medium resolution & multispectral, or/and SAR satellites images;
- Familiarity with design and construction of imaging/capture/camera hardware;
- Experience writing software automation of analysis of imagery/map;
- Experience writing production code in C/C++;
- Knowledge of how to scale code with cloud computing resources, e.g. AWS or GCP;
- PhD in a relevant scientific/engineering field.
Don't forget to mention Space-Careers when applying.